Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sight in distance

jstagn

I sight in at 50 yards.

This should also be zero at around 20 yards, but sighting in at 50 allows more precision in your zero.

Trajectory should be something like this shooting major and 124's, a little flatter with 115's:

0    -1.1
5    -.8
10    -.5
15    -.2
20    ZERO
25    .1
30    .2
35    .2
40    .2
45    .1
50    ZERO

My favorite target to use is an 8" black circle target (Dirty Bird Bull's Eye). Very easy to consistently put the dot in the center every time.

18 hours ago, racer-x said:

I sight in at 50 yards.

This should also be zero at around 20 yards, but sighting in at 50 allows more precision in your zero.

Trajectory should be something like this shooting major and 124's, a little flatter with 115's:

0    -1.1
5    -.8
10    -.5
15    -.2
20    ZERO
25    .1
30    .2
35    .2
40    .2
45    .1
50    ZERO

My favorite target to use is an 8" black circle target (Dirty Bird Bull's Eye). Very easy to consistently put the dot in the center every time.

What size dot??

This target works great for me with my 6 and 8MOA C-Mores.

I started using the DPP 2.5 a few months ago and can still shoot very tight groups with the smaller dot on the 8" targets, but am going to try some smaller targets next time out.

Turning down the dot brightness while sighting in or shooting groups helps too. You don't want any flare at all. Just enough brightness to clearly distinguish between dot & target seems best.

18 hours ago, dvc4you said:

15 yards

Shooting STI Trubor 38 Super with a 90 degree Quinn III mount. Load is 115 gr PD with 10 gr AA#7

Zero at 15 yards. Since I have a  dot that is close to the bore, only small adjustments needed out to 25 yards.