Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most Stable Carbon Fiber Handguard?

10 minutes ago, cfjunkie said:
CODA Evolution sells poorly engineered, low quality parts, then disappears when you ask for them support.

Purchased their handguard, had it professionally installed by a gunsmith, and have had endless problems with it. First it spins, then it slips forward, then the trunnion deforms and the carbon tube gets stuck in place. Just a horrible design and horrible quality parts.

I have contacted the company requesting support 4 times, they have not responded since the first attempt. Since then they have completely ignored my pleas for help. They clearly do not care about their customers or the fact that they sell garbage products. They are preying on the fact that most buyers will be collecting parts from various places and will be out of date range to issue a credit card charge back before the customer discovers the utter junk that CODA sold them.

Avoid this company like the plague! If you want a carbon fiber handguard look to their competitors that offer quality products and stand behind them like : Mark Isler Customs, Lancer Systems, or Brigand Arms.

Hmmmm, that sounds extremely odd. I am not doubting you, or your experience btw. I have just had nothing but good experiences with CODA products. I have used the handguard and the comps from them for years, and I know one of the co-owner's personally. If you would like, I can try to get you in touch with him, or at least someone that can help you.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Sfisch0311 said:

Hmmmm, that sounds extremely odd. I am not doubting you, or your experience btw. I have just had nothing but good experiences with CODA products. I have used the handguard and the comps from them for years, and I know one of the co-owner's personally. If you would like, I can try to get you in touch with him, or at least someone that can help you.

I’m going to forward his comments to Ryan. This should be good.😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 11:38 AM, cfjunkie said:
CODA Evolution sells poorly engineered, low quality parts, then disappears when you ask for them support.

Purchased their handguard, had it professionally installed by a gunsmith, and have had endless problems with it. First it spins, then it slips forward, then the trunnion deforms and the carbon tube gets stuck in place. Just a horrible design and horrible quality parts.

I have contacted the company requesting support 4 times, they have not responded since the first attempt. Since then they have completely ignored my pleas for help. They clearly do not care about their customers or the fact that they sell garbage products. They are preying on the fact that most buyers will be collecting parts from various places and will be out of date range to issue a credit card charge back before the customer discovers the utter junk that CODA sold them.

Avoid this company like the plague! If you want a carbon fiber handguard look to their competitors that offer quality products and stand behind them like : Mark Isler Customs, Lancer Systems, or Brigand Arms.

UPDATE:  The following message was sent to the customer on Feb 3, 2022, and a resolution was reached that same day.

Dear Customer (name withheld for privacy),

I am sorry that your handguard installation hasn’t gone well.

When you first contacted us, on 9/17/21, you said that the handguard had shifted position, in spite of your having tightened the eight screws on the outside of the handguard.  I wrote back to you within an hour, that the issue seemed to be that the trunnion was not properly affixed to the barrel nut, thereby allowing the entire handguard to rotate on that axis.

The eight screws on the outside of the handguard are there to secure the carbon fiber to the trunnion. It's most likely, that the 3 screws on the trunnion were not properly torqued and "Loctited," which allowed the trunnion to rotate on the barrel nut.

The next message we received, was on December 1st, when you told us about the handguard continuing to slip along the trunnion, and that your gunsmith wanted to be paid to remount it, saying that the handguard was defective.

This is the point at which I dropped the ball.  In the midst of a very busy holiday season, I lost track of our conversation.  For this, I apologize profusely! This lack of communication would have upset me as well.

As for the quality of our products, we stand behind them, period.  Manufacturing defects occur in all products, but I can tell you that having sold many thousands of handguards, I have never encountered a trunnion that could not be properly secured to the barrel nut.

If you would like to exchange your handguard for a new one, I will absolutely make that happen.  If you prefer some other resolution, let me know.  You have my direct email address, as we have been in contact with you.