Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what spring for g34 gen 5 and Eagle Syntech 9mm 150gr

borneoknives

• 3 months later...

With the Gen 5 G34, is the Jager Steel .270 Guide rod and 14 or 15 pound spring the sweet spot for factory 124 and 147 ammo?   Think a 13 is too light without playing with the striker springs?  I'm looking to get a smooth and soft recoil impulse, but don't want to have it over/under sprung and want it to cycle reliably.  Any ideas?  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 12:23 PM, Robertwil18 said:

With the Gen 5 G34, is the Jager Steel .270 Guide rod and 14 or 15 pound spring the sweet spot for factory 124 and 147 ammo?   Think a 13 is too light without playing with the striker springs?  I'm looking to get a smooth and soft recoil impulse, but don't want to have it over/under sprung and want it to cycle reliably.  Any ideas?  

My experience is with the glock store tungsten gen 5 34 guide rod and ismi springs

It might be a hair too light. Cycles fine with factory striker spring and 124gr loads though

Did anyone ever try the #13 with an optic and a 147gr minor load? I know that combo doesn't work with a factory striker spring, but my 147gr gamer loads fte/ftl every other round with the 15#, but 124gr loads work 100%.

Next step is to try the #13 but I can't make it to the range for 2 weeks.

Edited by nick779