Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plated bullets for open major pf?

vgdvc

A friend told me about EverGlades regular Black Friday deals, so I went on their site and signed up for their promotions, it took me a minute or so.  On Black Friday I received their email with promotions.  It was rather painless.  It was 10% on Friday, and then 15% on Monday. 

Their bullets are very good.  I get the same POI, and the velocities are nearly identical to PD.  Slightly different shape - ogive, as opposed to the cone. 

Edited by Foxbat

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did it ever cross anyone's mind to visit the website on BF and CM?.... Pretty sure there was a 10% discount on ALL thier bullets on one of those days.........pretty sure it said so in a banner at the top of the page. 

Not nearly as complicated as some seem to want to make it........just saying.  

Edited by B_RAD

Well, as I stated, it did cross mine, and I did not see in on those bullets.  And no, the email did not have anything about "All Bullets", it just mentioned 3 or 4.  I have it here.

So one company makes it clear and obvious... the other one hides it.  Guess which one gets the worm? 

Cool!  Send out emails with promo, but don't mention in them site-wide sale, just mention a few items no one wants.

Create the best kept secret in the industry!  :)

BTW, your picture is from Monday... we were talking about Friday. 

Edited by Foxbat

8 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

Cool!  Send out emails with promo, but don't mention in them site-wide sale, just mention a few items no one wants.

Man, I'm not trying to keep arguing with you. 

All I said to the OP was that PD has the best price and that the cost of plated isn't much if any cheaper than JHP (PD). You jump in and want to split hairs so your brand of choice has the better price if apply a discount for yours and not for the other brand. You were/are wrong.  The discount was available. I didn't get an email but I did log on CM and saw the discount. Again, not difficult. 

Say whatever you want. 

15 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Man, I'm not trying to keep arguing with you. 

All I said to the OP was that PD has the best price and that the cost of plated isn't much if any cheaper than JHP (PD). You jump in and want to split hairs so your brand of choice has the better price if apply a discount for yours and not for the other brand. You were/are wrong.  The discount was available. I didn't get an email but I did log on CM and saw the discount. Again, not difficult. 

Say whatever you want. 

I really don't have "brand of choice", but Everglades are cheaper than Precision Delta.  Sorry that gets your panties in a bunch. 

21 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

I really don't have "brand of choice", but Everglades are cheaper than Precision Delta.  Sorry that gets your panties in a bunch. 

Unbunching panites.

Edited by B_RAD

33 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

They were $279 for 3750

If you bought during that sale and bought larger bulk. Yes, that's a better price. Actually a great price! 

I guess the thread derail doesn't matter since the OP decided to give JHP a try for open.. 

Anxious to see whats available next year.  I heard someone's gonna have a new bullet out with an even lower cost. Hopefully soon!

Edited by B_RAD

10 hours ago, Foxbat said:

Well,

The Precision Delta site-wide Cyber Monday promotion was posted on IG, sent out in an email blast, posted here on Enos, and posted on FB and was shared to about 20 personal pages.  

The number of customers who took advantage of the sale (and those other items no one wants) was staggering, so it couldn’t have been too much of a “secret”. ;) 

Follow on IG, FB, and watch for emails, and you won’t miss a sale. Sales are also usually noted on the PD website. 

There are still a few of us out there, who refuse to touch all those IG, FB and similar. 

But Monday was already too late... I presume others already sold tons of product on Friday.  :)  On Monday EG was selling whatever left at 15% off.  :)

23 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

There are still a few of us out there, who refuse to touch all those IG, FB and similar. 

But Monday was already too late... I presume others already sold tons of product on Friday.  :)  On Monday EG was selling whatever left at 15% off.  :)

I'd be kinda annoyed if bought a bunch of bullets on Friday at 10% off, when they did 15% off on Monday........😤  

Edited by B_RAD

30 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

I'd be kinda annoyed if bought a bunch of bullets on Friday at 10% off, when they did 15% off on Monday........😤  

I wasn't.  I knew there was a good chance it was going to happen - that friend told me that's how it was last year. 

But there was also a chance they might be all sold out on Friday,  so I just went with one bird in the hand. 

2 hours ago, B_RAD said:

That’s exactly what Everglades did... I bought on Friday, all happy I’d gotten a terrific deal. Then woke up to a 15 percent off deal a couple days later.

🙄

3 hours ago, Foxbat said:

Well, like I said, it was also posted here, and went out via email. There are only so many ways to reach customers. 

“Cyber Monday” was too late for an online retailer to have a sale? 😀

We’ll have to disagree on that one. 

You’re assuming the sales were random, and not timed well. I assure you, as a manufacturer that has been in the industry for over 30 years, PD put a little more thought into it than you think ;) 

Anywho, all is well. Sounds like everyone got a good deal on bullets one way or the other. 

If you do not do social media, keep an eye out around here, and on your inbox.