Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Daily Updates From Guayaquil

Hi:

Excuse me for changing the subject, but I didn´t want to open a new thread just for this.

A shooting mate that has been shooting the WS, had to be hospitalized as he was suffering Pneumonia.

He is one the best shooters, and probably was going to be at the top ten results.

He shot almost twelve stages, and in few he was better than Leatham, Tomasie or Strader.

He was not DQd, and his points were taken out of the match. he stills at the hospital.

By taking out his points, the match results may vary.

Why did the organizers take them off ???????????????????????????

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been following Sauls reports. The World Shoot Web Site daily score summaries are confusing. They have Israel's Eli Huttner ahead of Eric. They have 3-4 guys in front of Angus Hobdell who I heard was leading Pd. Anyone understand what I'm missing. Does anyone have the latest standings for production - looked like Seveigny was coming on strong.

Thanks,

Jon

Saul you da' man!!

The video of the scorekeeper in stage 6 after JJ shot...

Academy Award Material!! :wub:

Where's our resident expert in South American Latinas when you need him?

Dr. 40

Dr. 40

Paging Doctor DirtyPoool40

:)

Dr. Pool here, sorry for the delay. I was paying special, personal attention to a particular patient. Yes, upon cursory inspection the scorekeeper does appear to qualify for further interview and closer examination.

I would be happy to schedule an appointment at my convenience. B)

DP,

Looking at the results it looks like Leatham has started making a move, Blake shot the pre match so he has all 36 stages complete. Juan Carlos Jaime Diaz is currently ahead of Leatham providing the hace shot the same stages.

Next posting should tell more.

Alan

The green mesh is tough stuff-- roughly equivalent to wire hardware-cloth or small-mesh chicken-wire in the US-- not your typical solar screen.

And if you like the RO´s, you should see some of the spectators and competitors :D :D

The green mesh is tough stuff-- roughly equivalent to wire hardware-cloth or small-mesh chicken-wire in the US-- not your typical solar screen.

And if you like the RO´s, you should see some of the spectators and competitors :D :D

... pictures? please..... Thanks... :D;)

I'll do a close-up of the mesh tomorrow. Here at the WS, it's riveted to a metal frame.

Oh, you meant pictures of the people :D :D. Working on it.

Other WS trivia: The pasters are very lightly marked "WS XIV".

So looks like TGO is winning Standard (Blake has shot the whole match so hard to tell there)

Jerry looks to be winning Revo

Angus, Tyc and Dave (in that order) in production - about 10 points between Angus and Dave.

And Eric looks to have a strong hold on Open - not a gimmie but a solid lead.

That's what I see at least.

J

j1b, I'm not sure where you managed to find the score info (did you glean it all from the WS updates?), but I just want to thank you for actually responding with a useful summary for those of us who've been wondering like hell how the contests are shaping up. Saul's doing a good job in his daily updates describing the Open, but there's been almost nada on everything else-- and I for one have been intensely curious about Production, after hearing that Tyc was ahead of Sevigny. --Is Leatham far ahead in Limited? I heard that Phil lost a bunch of points due to hard primers in borrowed ammo, but I was under the impression that he and Travis (among others) are still in contention.

Thanks!

Elye A.

Alberto,

Espero que su amigo se mejore pronto. Su puntuación en las canchas que pudo disparar si tendrá efecto sobre la puntuación final de la competencia, aunque no creo que sea determinante pues la cantidad de ceros que recibirá por no terminar cancelará su posición general. ¡Cuídese!

Please somebody say hi for me to my dear friends from Puerto Rico: Roberto Gautier, Rafael Delgado, Carlos Colón and Alfredo Colón.

Robbie looks to be about 50 points ahead - that's assuming Travis, Phil etc. etc. are on the same squad which I did not check. Travis is closest, Phil a little ways back. Assuming Rob shoots good he should hold on to this one. That is if he beat's Blake's score - I can't tell how they compare.

This match for me really favors a shooter like Rob who doesn't really care what he shoots. I know the ammo problems have caused shooters to adjust in bits and pieces - Rob (in my experience) doesn't work like that. He simply doesn't care - if the gun works then he'll shoot it.

It does pull in a degree of "anti" climax though - shooters adjusting to new ammo and the psychological impact that has are pretty big. While we all know it shouldn't - I've done it before and for me at least it had an almost intangible (but still there) impact.

J

Thanks to Mcoliver and Nemo for carying about my shooting mate. He will have to stay at the hospital, for at least another five days.

Vince Pinto posted that it was a mistake what ocurred with his points, and now they are back.