Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open pistol weight balance point

vgdvc

Hello, I'm new to open pistols and I have a used Brazos Custom SC 5" bbl,.38 Super, with C-more coming to me soon. It is a standard Brazos type build with plastic STI grip, steel comp (I think) and aluminum magwell. I'm wondering if anyone could offer advice on how or where a pistol like this should balance in the hand ,with empty magazine inserted,for best performance. I could shift balance by adding weight in certain places via accessories.  I plan on adding a steel arched mainspring (about 2oz) since that is the feel I like on a 2011 frame and how my limited gun is set up. Thanks in advance

I have the same gun. Try shooting it as is for a while. The arched mainspring housing wont make a difference in the balance. The comp is a one piece Tru Bor barrel unless someone put in a different one. You getting a reliable pistol. Mine has over 60k rounds with exactly one malfunction, when a piece of supercomp snuck in.

2 hours ago, Ace38super said:

I have the same gun. Try shooting it as is for a while. The arched mainspring housing wont make a difference in the balance. The comp is a one piece Tru Bor barrel unless someone put in a different one. You getting a reliable pistol. Mine has over 60k rounds with exactly one malfunction, when a piece of supercomp snuck in.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm looking forward to getting this. Current owner hasn't shot open for awhile. Claims he never had a malfunction in the 9k rounds put through it. Seems like a stand-up guy when dealing with them so I'm inclined to believe it. He tells me Bob has it set up to shoot supercomp or super. He only shot super. 

On 12/1/2018 at 10:23 AM, open17 said:

Going to be more than a few opinions on this one-----Personal preference is balanced on my trigger finger  with half a big stick loaded.

Almost exactly this. I like it to be just a little forward of my trigger finger but same as far as half a big stick.