Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 w/Glock Mags

xtian999

Honestly I haven’t ever had issues with my 2011 mags. Granted, I run stock gen 2 sti mags except for one mbx. 

I think 2011 mags have issues when we start trying to jam too many rounds into it. I’ve seen plenty of the super thin follower mags die because they flip and turn into salt shakers,  but the standard sti followers are much more difficult to flip. 

Rarely do I find I have to shoot more than 20 rounds in one position. Stock sti mags give me 21-22, but I always just load 20 and have never had an issue. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, geraldskip said:

Honestly I haven’t ever had issues with my 2011 mags. Granted, I run stock gen 2 sti mags except for one mbx. 

I think 2011 mags have issues when we start trying to jam too many rounds into it. I’ve seen plenty of the super thin follower mags die because they flip and turn into salt shakers,  but the standard sti followers are much more difficult to flip. 

Rarely do I find I have to shoot more than 20 rounds in one position. Stock sti mags give me 21-22, but I always just load 20 and have never had an issue. 

same, I actually run factory OAL(1.135") in 2 of my 2011's
- same ammo I use in my G24

Need to make sure your ammo is in spec, mag & recoil springs are not worn out, and when loaded, your mags don't have any loose rounds.

my 2011's are actually more reliable, to date, with about 1k rounds through each.

• 3 weeks later...

Comparing apples to oranges. Glocks (Gen 3 and earlier) are a reliability masterpiece. As soon as you start changing s#!t, the reliability goes down. IMHO Glock is there own worst enemy though. Their genius engineers decided to use that double captured recoil spring in the early Gen 4, and decided the 9 and 40 cal springs should be the same. This move definitely “over sprung” the 9, making it way easier to limp wrist jam the gun. Then with the Gen 5 they short throated the chamber making some longer factory ammo too long to work in the gun. DMFs. Glocks aren’t the reliability masterpieces that they once were. But I digress.

I used to fired all my failed case gauge rounds out of my glock without issue. Not in the Gen 5 though.

In their effort to “improve”, they sacrificed their reputation of 100% reliability.

Same applies to the 2011 mag. My stock STI gen 2 mags run 100%. When I tried to “improve” them, round count went up but reliability went down.