Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

pump vs side charging

Would a pump action fore end instead of a side charging lever be better for ppc?

I know they already have pump action ARs, but I’m talking about in addition to the semi auto blowback operation. Like a SPAS 12.

Edited by xtian999
splng
3 hours ago, xtian999 said:

Would a pump action fore end instead of a side charging lever be better for ppc?

I know they already have pump action ARs, but I’m talking about in addition to the semi auto blowback operation. Like a SPAS 12.

Conventional rear charging guns have racked up wins at every area match and Nationals since PCC became a division.

Enjoy your unnecessary widget.

I liked the side-charge for table starts and malf. clearing and that's about it. I don't think it gave any speed advantage otherwise. 

The pump doesn't give you a table start adv. and honestly moving your support hand that much is going to significantly move your sights, so I'd guess we're talking about milliseconds in differential here. 

I don’t make gun parts or generate business for myself on gun boards, I just think anything to increase accuracy and/or reduce time has potential. If the bolt has to be cycled manually for any reason, which method is best?