Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

having a problem with trigger stacking in my open gun.

tiger49931

Any one ever have a problem with the trigger weight going from 2 lbs to almost 15 sometimes on their open gun? Just had the chamber reamed from 9mm major to 38sc But dont think that would effect the trigger. With out a magazine its like 2lb trigger with loaded mag and under the clock trigger is about 10 lbs and had to set off.

Edited by tiger49931

Any one ever have a problem with the trigger weight going from 2 lbs to almost 15 sometimes on their open gun? Just had the chamber reamed from 9mm major to 38sc But dont think that would effect the trigger. With out a magazine its like 2lb trigger with loaded mag and under the clock trigger is about 10 lbs and had to set off.

from what you're saying seems to be trigger bar is having to much friction against magazine.

take the frame apart from upper and put a magazine in. See where it's rubbing on the mag by coloring the entire inside of trigger bar with blue sharpie. you'll find out where it's sticking and then have to file accordingly

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

How is it with an unloaded mag? I have mags that sit too high and cause similar symptoms. Did you change the mag release? Granted the mags I have issue with are only 10 rounders, but none the less my hi caps have no issue.

I'm assuming that they worked fine when it was barreled for 9mm but it seems like something changed there other than the chamber reaming.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hello: Did you take something apart and not put it back together correctly? Maybe the trigger overtravel screw moved? Also reaming a 9mm barrel to make it a 38SC is not the correct way to do it. The chamber will be too large at the breach end since a 9mm is a tapered case. Thanks, Eric