Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC Mec-gar Magazine Basepads or Others

soulbyte

Hello All.

Does anyone run the CZC Basepads for Mec-gar mags? I'm looking of some pictures of them. The CZC website only shows the bottom face of the pad. Would like to see how they fit on an SP01. Also, I'm running the 10 round blocked versions of the Mec-gars from Greg Cote. They should be the same dimensions as the 75b 17 round mags with the exception of the 10 round limiting dimple. Want to make sure the CZC basepads work on those. Also, if you have any other recommendations for basepads for the Mec-gar mags please post them up here. Thank you in advance.

Edited by soulbyte

3 hours ago, soulbyte said:

https://shop.springerprecision.com/SP-EZ-CZ-9mm-base-pads-Factory-16-round-magazines-SP0308.htm

Anyone know if these are production legal? I'm running the 10 round meccgars.

Those are prod legal. I've run those, shockbottles, and the hennings. Any of those should work on the 10 round mecgar mags.

The MG mags with MG base pads from CZC, and the follower/spring, were the only combo I found that gave me 23+1 that I could reliable reload.  And would still fit in mag gauge.

Mag Base Pad Follower/Spring

Rnds

Mec-Gar 17 MG CZC 10522

23+1

I use the Taran Tactical +4 extensions on my Mec-Gar 19 round magazines. They have worked extremely well, and are super easy to get on and off for cleaning. Have had zero feeding failures, and just purchased two more.