Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Have a Shadow Lite. Do I REALLY need a Shadow 2?

RAZZ

So I have a Shadow Lite (Shadow, but the lighter, non-railed 75 frame), with all the Cajun stuff in it.  It shoots really well, and has a nice trigger, due to the cool stuff from Cajun.  I have resisted the urge, so far, but the impulsive side of me really wants a Shadow 2, and is convinced it will make a YUGE difference in my shooting.  The realistic side of me says 'you're dumb.  It won't make any noticeable difference.'  So far the impulsive side of me is winning.  Convince me I don't need a Shadow 2, and that the Shadow I already have is perfectly fine.

So I have a Shadow Lite (Shadow, but the lighter, non-railed 75 frame), with all the Cajun stuff in it.  It shoots really well, and has a nice trigger, due to the cool stuff from Cajun.  I have resisted the urge, so far, but the impulsive side of me really wants a Shadow 2, and is convinced it will make a YUGE difference in my shooting.  The realistic side of me says 'you're dumb.  It won't make any noticeable difference.'  So far the impulsive side of me is winning.  Convince me I don't need a Shadow 2, and that the Shadow I already have is perfectly fine.
your CZ is a small frame. the shadow 2 is large frame. your hand fit will dictate if it's right for you or not

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My order of preference was:

Tango stock 2 or 3 or LP

CZ SP01 variant

CZ Shadow 2

They are all fine guns but I wouldn't assume you will like any of them better than what you have, best to shoot a friends gun or at least handle all of them. 

Yes.

just kidding.

Have you had an opportunity to shoot (or at least fiddle with) a Shadow 2? I’d start there.

you realize that if you get an S2 you’re just going to want to do all the fun stuff to it anyways.

Edited by Red_Dot

47 minutes ago, RAZZ said:

What are you shooting?  Competition?  For fun?

I like the S2 better than the S1 but that doesn't mean it's "better". 

For plinking, I really don't see a need to get the S2. For competition (USPSA) I think the S2 is the better gun but that doesn't mean it's going to make you place higher.  

The S2 is sweet though!

2 hours ago, Red_Dot said:

Yes.

just kidding.

Have you had an opportunity to shoot (or at least fiddle with) a Shadow 2? I’d start there.

you realize that if you get an S2 you’re just going to want to do all the fun stuff to it anyways.

LOL...I know.  When I was looking at prices, in the back of mind I was already adding $250 for the cool internals.

I did get the opportunity to shoot a couple of magazines through one at a match.  But without shooting it side-by-side with mine, I really couldn't tell much of a difference.

10 hours ago, RAZZ said:

LOL...I know.  When I was looking at prices, in the back of mind I was already adding $250 for the cool internals.

Wise man.

The S2 out of the box is nice, but if you are used to a really well set up CZ then you will want to get it to that level (at least I did). 

The shadow 2 is an all around nicer gun, but I don't think you will magically shoot it better than your current CZ. While the shadow 2 weighs more, your gun has more than enough weight to soak up the recoil shooting 9mm. However, I will say that the Shadow 2 is a sexy gun and will probably motivate you to practice more. When guys switch from a Glock to a CZ they tend to take a step back for a while with their gun handling and transitions are rough. Since your gun is already very similar, the transitions will be a bit different but other than that you should be about the same as far as gun handling goes.