Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production P320 X5 complete

On 11/25/2018 at 4:46 PM, chenault said:

Man that is short.  I'm at 1.55 col with 124 pd jhp

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

He must have a Walther or CZ in the stable.  😁  I had to reduce my COL from 1.35" to 1.08" to fit my wife's PPQ.  I understand that CZ have notoriously short chambers, too.

Actually, it is my HK VP9 and my SIG P938. Neither gun would reliably eat the 1.125" cartridges. 1.06" might be a little on the short side, but it was recommended by another loader, I tried it and it worked. I have not been shooting 9mm for competition, so did not really care that much. Now that I am considering a move to CO, I will be revisiting my 9mm loads, I can guarantee it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is also highly bullet profile dependent. 

A .355” jacketed bullet with a friendly ogive like the Precision Deltas @chenault is running can go to 1.120” or 1.130@ in even the shortest chambers.

The same gun will probably need you to push a coated 124gr .356” bullet which has a very fat round nose as far back as 1.090” in order to drop into the barrel and spin freely without catching the rifling.

@JAFO not all Walthers. ;)

Mine will take the fattest 147gr bullet clear out to 1.160” ... but then, it might have something to do with me owning a carbide finishing reamer which can cut hardened barrels. A quick kiss and all is well, without losing any accuracy.

Edited by MemphisMechanic