Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Picked up my first CZ yesterday

Mliebs

I've been wanting to try a CZ for quite some time and decided to pick one up yesterday.  I'm curious to see how it shoots today.  The DA portion of the trigger is fairly heavy and I have smaller hands so the trigger needs to be shortened but other than that it has a great feel to it.  I didn't measure the pull weight for the DA but the SA was 3 lbs 7 oz on a 10 pull average out of the box.  Anyway, here's a picture of the new purchase.

IMG_0445.jpg

Congrats on your new shadow 2. You can get the DA/SA trigger pull down by using a 13 or 11# hammer spring and polishing the internals using professor Atlas’ polishing tutorial. That’s what I did on mine and I was able to get my DA down to 5# 3.4 ozs and SA down to 1# 9.9 ozs.

I just replaced the safety and had a difficult time getting it back in.  After I had it installed I couldn't get the slide on because the trigger bar wouldn't go down far enough.  I thought I noticed something under the the back of the trigger bar and pushed it with a punch and it disappeared (barely touched it).  I took everything apart and put it back together and everything works fine now.  I'm not sure what could have been flipped around but when I put it back together it all works fine now.  I don't see anything on the diagram to explain what I might have seen under the back of trigger bar.  After I go to the range today I might take it apart and see if I can tell what happened.  

Edited by Mliebs

061b0488f5a515349f27cb3ae23eadc7.png

This past summer, I grabbed my first CZ, an SP-01. After that, I fell in love. My second was a Shadow 2. Then a Compact 75 followed (I prefer steel over alloy).

Since my can was coming I grabbed a Tactical 75 (I’m told 3 of my 4 cans were approved but I’m waiting on the fourth to pick them up all at once).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Had a good day at the range today.  I put 200 rounds through it and had one FTE around the 125-150 mark.  Overall I felt the pistol handled really well but it's going to take some trigger time to deal with the weight.  The pistol is pretty heavy and after adding 18 rounds it's pretty stout compared to what I normally shoot.  Here's a couple groups from 5 and 7 yards.  I also need to do something with the fiber optic front.  At 55 I need good light to see and the indoor range didn't really provide that for me.  I'd also like to get a rear sight with a small gap.  Anyway, happy with my purchase and can't wait to take it out again.  I'm a 1911 guy so it seemed strange loading 3 magazines and not having enough in one box.  

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

17 hours ago, Mliebs said:

I just replaced the safety and had a difficult time getting it back in.  After I had it installed I couldn't get the slide on because the trigger bar wouldn't go down far enough.  I thought I noticed something under the the back of the trigger bar and pushed it with a punch and it disappeared (barely touched it).  I took everything apart and put it back together and everything works fine now.  I'm not sure what could have been flipped around but when I put it back together it all works fine now.  I don't see anything on the diagram to explain what I might have seen under the back of trigger bar.  After I go to the range today I might take it apart and see if I can tell what happened.  

Make sure it was not the safety lever detent located within the frame at the right side. It’s captures the right hand safety lever, which could walk out without it.

Glad you are happy with the S2 I got mine about a year ago and never looked back. I have arthritis in my right wrist and the weight of the gun really helps to reduce the recoil. And the gun seems to like almost any reload.  Good looking range vist!!!  JD

Edited by JDIllon

On 9/30/2018 at 6:55 AM, George16 said:

Congrats on your new shadow 2. You can get the DA/SA trigger pull down by using a 13 or 11# hammer spring and polishing the internals using professor Atlas’ polishing tutorial. That’s what I did on mine and I was able to get my DA down to 5# 3.4 ozs and SA down to 1# 9.9 ozs.

Can you point me towards the tutorial?

The CZ slide release seems to go at some point. People usually keep a spare, or use an old one for practice and new one for competition.

I don't have a CZ now, and don't recall any numbers on how long people have shot on one release. 10,000?