Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Left side safety height

Fantom919

Hello,

I've been messing around with my grip and have been thinking of moving away from my thin Rami safeties I currently have on my accushadows. The extended safeties that come with the gun however, are very low (as in where my thumb rests) and force my left hand grip placement to be lower than I'd like. 

Does anyone have a comparison of the Shadow 1 extended safeties vs the shadow 2 extended safeties and some feedback on the height and feel between the two? A recent post showed that the new shadow orange safeties are like the shadow 2 but fit a cz75 frame.

The feel of the current new style sp01 safeties isn't bad and puts my thumb higher, but the profile is just a big hump and not a ledge. 

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks

I really liked the Shadow 2 safety and used it on a Tac Sport I had.  Every CZ shooter that handled it also preferred the higher location of the tab.  

image.png.d0a322a2efdfbbdb6232eb1897770bbf.png

For my SP01 Shadows, I use the CZ Custom extended safety, but I dremel down the tab so it doesn't stick out so far and downwards.

St3a.jpg

Do the same on an SP01 Shadow 'Long Slide" SAO  (SP01 with fitted Tac Sport Slide).

image.thumb.png.3097e12f46431e97660f796ea72975b9.png

Edited by MoRivera

9 hours ago, MoRivera said:

I really liked the Shadow 2 safety and used it on a Tac Sport I had.  Every CZ shooter that handled it also preferred the higher location of the tab.  

image.png.d0a322a2efdfbbdb6232eb1897770bbf.png

For my SP01 Shadows, I use the CZ Custom extended safety, but I dremel down the tab so it doesn't stick out so far and downwards.

Do the same on an SP01 Shadow 'Long Slide" SAO  (SP01 with fitted Tac Sport Slide).

Are you aware that CZ now also makes the same Shadow 2 style wide safety for the 75& SP-01 line of guns?

https://www.czub.cz/en/produkty/pistole/competition/cz-75-sp-01-shadow-838.html

I have this on my old Shadow and it is nice!

1574069829_2018-08-2421_58_52.thumb.jpg.9ed243002c39fa5b1ab6906354ef36ec.jpg

40 minutes ago, MoRivera said:

I did not know that and will look into it, thanks much!  How/where did you order one for an SP01?

He had a previous post on it and bought it from here:

http://www.luckydelta.com/shop/CZ-Teile-Tuning/Sicherungen-Safety/CZ75-SP-01-SHADOW-ORANGE-WIDE-SAFETY-SET-RECHTSHAND.html

I'll quote my mini 'review' from the CZ Forum......

Like many I can't deal with the 'regular' CZ extended safeties with that low tab, so I installed a CZ Custom Extended safety on a few guns and dremeled them down so they don't stick out so far......

Accu Shadow....
image.thumb.png.2389778d3f02928fb0e65048f5df5f06.png

'Long Slide' Shadow SAO (fitted TS Slide)
image.thumb.png.840846d5731892a16f26fa4e98843dbc.png

Ordered two of the new S2-styled safeties and Installed one in my Accu Shadow, went right in and fit the adjustable sear fine....

Works great!

Pros: fits the sear cage nice and snug and actually has less play than the previous CZC extended unit.  A more positive click when disengaging.  Clears the support hand a little better than the previous one (which has a downward tilt to the tab).  Places the thumb up a little higher still.

Cons: Probably because I've gotten so used to the ground-down CZC units that were there before, but there is a more gentle 'sweep' on the rear of the tab on the older one which is a little more comfortable of a rest for the strong-hand thumb.  So when drawing and sweeping off, it's a slightly different feel on the SP01 frames (I've had both a Shadow 2 and Tac Sport Blue with this safety), but again it's probably just getting used to them again.  I'm going to try it first on my Accu Shadow through a few matches.  Then if I really like I will put the other one my long-slide, on which I need to file down the lug where it engaged the sear since the long-slide doesn't have the CJW adjustable sear and needed the safety fit to it.

But anyway, for those who pined for a Shadow 2 safety that would fit the SP01...myself included......they're here!

Also, even though those CZ Custom extended safeties are designed to 'rock' on and off with just the thumb, I don't engage them that way.  I just use my support hand, so even though the S2-styled safety doesn't have that 'rocker' function, I'm not missing it.

Edited by MoRivera

On my regular/standard Shadow, I use the flat safeties for both sides since I only start with that gun hammer down/DA for SSP/IDPA and Production/USPSA.  My Accu Shadow I can shoot ESP in IDPA, so I start cocked-n-locked but still shoot Production in USPSA hammer down, so its just a thumb rest.

• 5 years later...
55 minutes ago, NathanC said:

I'd love to try it if it didn't cost $200 lol no idea why the Eemann tech is so expensive. 

I bought when it cost 175 euro. And they decided to send it to me by FedEx, it's another 50 euro and in the end I also paid customs, in the end everything cost me about 375 euro.🤣