Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS trigger freeze

JayDee

I have a TS that has been tuned by CZC (flat trigger & TS race hammer) and I believe it has the OEM trigger return spring. At a match this weekend, shooting Can you Count (06-03) I got some trigger freeze probably because I was trying to hammer out 5 rounds as fast as possible. I'm sure it was because I didn't allow the trigger to reset completely. Aside from training myself to relax and let the trigger reset all the way, is there way to improve the positive reset of a TS trigger? I ask because I've had this happen a couple times with my TS but never with my 1911. Any suggestions? 

If you need the hard click of reset you need the the spring of sear as strong as possible

and the trigger bow should not be cut off by any wear of the slide-trigger bow  cycling work

Please explain what you mean about the trigger bow should not be cut off.  

I know some use a stronger Tanfo sear spring when their trigger pull is too light.

I know I tried to take out as much trigger pre- travel as possible with the adjustment screw and it caused me to have the same problem with my TS as JayDee..

The reset “push” on those CZC flat triggers are not as positive as a factory TS trigger.  It also doesn’t quite have the short reset like a good 2011 trigger would have.  That’s my observation between a CZC CTS and a Atlas Nemesis 2011. I haven’t shot my CTS in awhile, but I did have to make a conscious effort to allow my trigger finger to travel just a bit more if not off the trigger any time I shot a bill drill.  I still preferred the CZC trigger over the factory TS.  Felt more precise and predictable.  

• 2 months later...

I have historically gotten trigger freeze on some high speed hosing stages.  I recently changed my trigger out to a trigger that increased the length of pull from backstrap to trigger.  That helped my hand be more relaxed.  This has to help.  But In the trigger swap I also found that there was some serious gunk from my titegroup loads all packed in the trigger, affecting the reset pretty bad.  This must have contributed to trigger freeze as well.  So, at least make sure you spray out the trigger area periodically with some non-chlorinated brake cleaner.