Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 1 and 2 Finish

scgun

Does CZ 75 SP 01 Shadow and CZ Shadow 2 (Black/Blue) have the same finish?
Or which finish is better?

Today I saw a used CZ Shadow 2 Urban Grey and the grey finish looks really ugly.

Thx!

Shadow 2 is a way better set up pistol out of the box, believe all the shadow 2’s are nitrite coated and the the lower is poly coated after that, don’t think that holds true of the shadow believe they are just poly coated. The shadow 2 is awesome out of the box trigger wise and you can always go further and make it what you want [emoji106] of coarse the accu shadow is a darn nice pistol out of the box as well but cost a bundle [emoji106] hope that helps I am no expert like some of the fellas on here but I do own some pretty neat stuff from CZ custom and think best bang for your buck is the Shadow 2 and surely enjoy mine [emoji106] and the 22 kadet conversion is an awesome edition cheap to shoot and blast to shoot and really really accurate as well !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why I ruled out a grey S2 and purchased a black S2. As the polycoat wears on the gray S2, the black nitride finish will become apparent. I've seen pics on line indicating this, chips around the slide stop pin and holster wear. The gray finish just doesn't appeal to me either.

The black S2 is gorgeous. CZ quality is up there, unmatched imo in a production pistol from anywhere.

I was told that there were two different finishes for the all-black version. The first batch was nitride (?) and the second polycoat like the urban grey model. I've seen a number of the urban grey ones with chips after useage. I believe the one I have was one of the first batches.

13 minutes ago, Trinimon said:

I was told that there were two different finishes for the all-black version. The first batch was nitride (?) and the second polycoat like the urban grey model. I've seen a number of the urban grey ones with chips after useage. I believe the one I have was one of the first batches.

No, the Shadow 2 is nitrided first, and the frame is then poly coated over the nitride. 

Here is a copy and paste from CZ's web site:  

"A hardy nitride coats the entire pistol, leaving it nearly impervious to corrosion, while the frame gets an additional layer of our black Polycoat finish."  

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-shadow-2-black-blue/

5 hours ago, Ken6PPC said:

No, the Shadow 2 is nitrided first, and the frame is then poly coated over the nitride. 

Here is a copy and paste from CZ's web site:  

"A hardy nitride coats the entire pistol, leaving it nearly impervious to corrosion, while the frame gets an additional layer of our black Polycoat finish."  

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-shadow-2-black-blue/

Absolutely. My all black S2 the slide is nitrided, and the lower is polycoated. Both black but different surface finishes visually. The polycoat has more of a satin sheen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My SP01 Shadow Target has been my primary shooter for the last 6 years. Its got a lot of rounds through her and the finish looks pretty beat up - I just chalk it up to the guns character. The S2 has a nicer finish to start with.