Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kfc

Chuck D

It's been way over two years since I had Kentucky Fried Chicken. Tonight a buddy of mine brought me over a 3 piece meal...original... with a single biscuit.

It was a bit greasy...just like I remembered ...but most importantly it tasted great...just like I remembered it did. :wub:

I can almost feel my arteries harden. :lol:

Went GREAT with that Ice Cold Coke Zero.

Funny how some things NEVER change. ;)

Just finished a 3 pc. Churchs and a couple of peppers.  Good for another year or two...Dats sum good!

I miss Church's! The best fast chicken franchise going. Once upon a time there were three or four stores in Louisville. One was located in an (how's this for PC) economically challenged section of town and after it was robbed for the third time in as many weeks the whole chain pulled up stakes and took a hike. They should have just closed the one store and been accused of being racist.

Don't know why, but the last 2 times I've eaten KFC I've gotten very ill. The best description is that it felt like I had eaten a concrete block.

What's really strange is I have no reaction to anyone else's chicken, and the 2 times I last ate the KFC were 10 years apart. Used to eat it as a kid all the time with no ill effects.

KFC's popcorn chicken, I like. Especially now that they have sweet and sour dipping sauce. For chicken fried chicken goodness I'm going to have to go with Church's. I grew up on that stuff ... However, if you're ever in Plano/Richardson Texas be sure to visit Golden Fried Chicken. They have the best chicken tenders and the gravy ... mmmm, mmmm, good!

Don't know why, but the last 2 times I've eaten KFC I've gotten very ill.  The best description is that it felt like I had eaten a concrete block.

You're probably just feeling your arteries hardening. Did you get a numbing sensation in your left arm? I wouldn't worry, keep eating the chicken and it will pass. It's like building up a tolerance to penicillin or alcohol. Just drink through it ...

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are not endorsed by the AMA, any reputable, disreputal, or otherwise health and/or nutritional advisory council, the Independent Chicken Farmers of America or the Poultry Growers Association.