Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Should Rule 5.2.5.3 be Updated?

StealthyBlagga

Should Rule 5.2.5.3 be Updated?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rule 5.2.5.3 be Updated?

• NO - It is fine the way it is and I am comfortable with the resultant inequity
    • YES - Clarify the rule to cover all common retention devices but EXCLUDING race holster locking mechanisms
    • YES - Clarify the rule to cover all common retention devices INCLUDING race holster locking mechanisms
    • YES - Delete the rule entirely
    • YES - Delete this rule entirely and bring back the old holster retention test

17 hours ago, DKorn said:

Did anyone notice the subtle change to 5.2.5.3 in the proposed 2019 rules?

” If a retaining strap is permanently attached to a holster or magazine pouch, it must be applied or closed prior to issuance of the “Standby” command” (Empahsis added by me)

Thoughts?

With all the blurring of the lines around holster retention features, I'd prefer they delete this rule entirely. Maybe nobody at HQ can figure out how to renumber all the other rules when they delete one :roflol:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a guy get burned by this at a SC match, he was using his Multi-Gun Holster with a hood.  Seems simple enough to clarify it, everything else seems to be getting clarified.

If the "hood" is just to keep the pistol from being "forced" out, like a race holster lock, then it should be optional if it's NOT needed to retain the pistol in the first place.