Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Cro Classifier Course

Interesting COF. Would make a neat drill too.

To be honest, I would stipulate T1/T4 for first string, T2/T5 for second string and T3/T6 for third string. Same swing each time and it doesn't turn into a memory game and a penalty fest...especially for new shooters (and not so new shooters) that get a bad case of classifier fever. Stipulating targets will also make the walk-thru a LOT easier to handle without repeated explanations.

But that's just my opinion and it is worth about as many electrons as were enslaved to bring it to you. :)

Kathy, I like the course of fire, it is simple & easy to set up though it might be a little wide for something indoors at ~ 38 ft.

But I do have some comments that may be echos of what you have heard from your trainer.

It would be better to allow the shooter to determine which array to shoot freestyle because the way it is written favors left handed shooters. I think the following changes are within the idea of your design.

Sting 1: From Box A, Engage T1 or T2 or T3 of Array A or T4 or T5 or T6 of Array B with 2 rounds only, freestyle; perform a mandatory reload and engage T1 or T2 or T3 of Array A or T4 or T5 or T6 of Array B with 2 rounds only, freestyle.

Sting 2: From Box A, Engage only previously unengaged targets T1 or T2 or T3 of Array A or T4 or T5 or T6 of Array B with 2 rounds only, freestyle; perform a mandatory reload and engage T1 or T2 or T3 of Array A or T4 or T5 or T6 of Array B with 2 rounds only, strong hand only.

Sting 3: From Box A, Engage only previously unengaged targets T1 or T2 or T3 of Array A or T4 or T5 or T6 of Array B with 2 rounds only, freestyle; perform a mandatory reload and engage T1 or T2 or T3 of Array A or T4 or T5 or T6 of Array B with 2 rounds only, weak hand only.

Stacking of shots is specifically not allowed.

This would be more in the spirit of free style.

By the rules, you have to score and tape between strings.  No point in having more than 2 targets.

I wonder if you would mind posting the rule number because my home club is using CM 99-63 & CM 03-11 in a special classifier match this weekend & both are multiple strings and neither say anything about scoring between strings.

Doesn't rule 1.2.2.1 come into play here?  Limiting the stage to 24 rounds?

Sccoring: Virgina Count, 12 rounds, 60 points. 2 rounds X 6 targets.

O.K.: String one is six rounds, reload, six rounds, right? And string 2 is six rounds, reload, six rounds, right? And ditto for string 3, or did I misread the stage description? So three strings of 12 rounds each is 36 rounds, which is 12 more than the legal limit for standard exercises. Don't think that applies to classifiers? See rule 6.1.2........

By the rules, you have to score and tape between strings.  No point in having more than 2 targets.

I wonder if you would mind posting the rule number because my home club is using CM 99-63 & CM 03-11 in a special classifier match this weekend & both are multiple strings and neither say anything about scoring between strings.

Rule 6.1.1 and U.S. Rule 6.1.1 govern this situation depending on where you live. The IPSC version requires taping between strings, the U.S. version does not UNLESS the course designer/range master so specifies in the WSB.....

String one is six rounds, reload, six rounds, right?

No, it says "either/or" ... so you are engaging only one of the three targets before and after each reload. That's two, reload, two.

Oh! So sorry ---- but english was not my first language...... (Breaking out the oldest excuse in the book ---- when the reality is that I apparently can't read....) :lol::lol::wub::wub:

String 1: draw and shoot 1 target of the left array 2 shots only freestyle, reload shoot 1 target of the right array 2 shots only freestyle !!!

String2: draw and shoot 1 target of the 2 that remain of the left array with 2 shots freestyle, reload shoot 1 of the 2 remaining targets on the right with 2 shots strong hand only.

String 3: draw and shoot the remaining target in the left array 2 shots only freestyle, reload shoot the remaining target on the right 2 shots weak hand only.

Your choice of targets to shoot and most likely which side to start on if I know SG's devious mind. ;)

NICE KATHY !!! keeps the idea of "freestyle" in the standards. :)

Hopalong