Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS upgrades

SneakyPayload

Hi Everyone!

I am the now lucky owner of not one, but TWO CZ tactical sports .40 guns, (the oldish ones, not the new TSO).  I am looking to add magwells and grips to them like what's on the TSO.  

What should I be looking for/using?  I know the TSO magwell and grip panels will fit, but I am going to have the guns cerakoted black, and want a black grip and magwell.

Who should I look at for magwells?

Who for grips?

Who makes a good drop in metal trigger? (these are my 2nd and 3rd TS guns, so I know what I want here. )

Thanks!

For USPSA:

.. CZC big magwell, which means you will need their short grips.

.. Fixed rear sight (the adjustable will crack in two places after about 5k rounds)

.. IPSC Alex thumb rest

Cerakote doesn't hold up to any amount of dryfire. The holster work will rub it off after a few hundred rounds.

Edited by selecw

For grips, I'd recommend Lok boggies all the way.  Either palm swell or standard, depending on your hand size

I have both a CZ and CZC magwell on my guns.  While the CZC is larger, I tend to prefer the CZ one more.  Maybe it's because the CZ magwell was on my first TSO, but I can load mags more consistently in the CZ one.  Every now and again, I don't fully insert (mag does not drop, but next round isn't picked up either) the mag in the pistol that has the CZC magwell.

35 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

I highly recommend H&M black nitride for black.  CZ USA carries a lot of options now for TSO looking grips/magwells

How well does it hold up to lots of dry fire from the holster ?

I like and only have the CZC magwell and grips - I chose that magwell because it looked more durable than CZUSA and just like the grips. You could get them coated black with your gun and be different. 

1 hour ago, selecw said:

I also use a race holster. I do dry fire :) The finish wears off from the sides and bottom of the trigger guard. Cerakote and the factory finish are particularly rubbish.

I think black nitride will hold up a little better, but I don't think anything will stop that trigger guard wear.

IonBond DLC has held up on mine with a Double Alpha holster (insert needed slight fitting).

I went with a CZ Custom large mag well and then blended it to the frame. I hard anodized it in black afterwards.

I also used their flat trigger.

For grips I use LOK Bogies or CZ factory plastic coated with silicon carbide. I'd say this is totally up to personal preference.

Edited by huskerlrrp

10 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

I think black nitride will hold up a little better, but I don't think anything will stop that trigger guard wear.

I have been thinking about trying hard chrome but I am not a fan of how it looks.

18 hours ago, Fo0 said:

I like and only have the CZC magwell and grips - I chose that magwell because it looked more durable than CZUSA and just like the grips. You could get them coated black with your gun and be different. 

I am a big fan of the CZC USPSA magwell. The downside to coating it black will be that the chips you get from reloading will all show up silver and their will be a lot of them if you are practising. 

Also may want to install an extended thumb safety from a CZ Shadow 2.  It will fit the wider frame of the TS, and the position of the shelf is higher and less obstructive that the stock extended safety.

Edited by MoRivera

7 hours ago, selecw said:

I am a big fan of the CZC USPSA magwell. The downside to coating it black will be that the chips you get from reloading will all show up silver and their will be a lot of them if you are practising. 

yea cerakote wouldn't work. DLC might. You can get the Czechmate style magwell in a bunch of different colors so I know it could work.

Edited by Fo0