Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pregnant Anyone???

Basically there is a certain point in time when the baby might be affected by the shock wave being transmitted through the womb. My wife shot for some time while pregnant until the Doc said it is time to stop. My youngest is almost 5 year old now so  can't remember the limit.

Thanks for the help guys.  It doesn't matter what you say.  My wife says that she is not going to do it.  If anyone is interested, I found this site with some information on it.  The studies are not concrete but they do make a lot of sense.  I don't think it is a good idea after reading it.  As the article says... Pregnancy is only temporary.

http://blackwaterlodge.com/btw/articles/pr...lepregnant.html url

Guest nmchenry

I would not recommend it.  Sitting in an indoor range with a minor wound on my leg every time a shot was fired the wound throbbed.  I think it would be better to err on the side of caution.

A good piece of advice might be that the time you actually "know" you are pregnant would be the time you ought to consider a stop to shooting.  

It just so happened that we had a major match the weekend we found out my wife was pregnant (call it 8 weeks in maybe?), and we went through with the event anyhow.  No harm done, but it was nerve racking on the mandatory prone stage!  Given the lead, the shock waves, and the occasional prone stage... better to just hang up the gun belt until its ready to fit again.  Use that as some incentive!  HA!  

In fact, my wife shot her first match again only 5 weeks after giving birth to our second and still shot her best ever classifier of 70%!  

Next problem you'll have to deal with in a shooting family is to determine WHO gets to go to shooting and WHO has to stay at home with the new baby?  Plan ahead.  

Quote: from BamBam on 5:52 pm on Dec. 2, 2002

AIn fact, my wife shot her first match again only 5 weeks after giving birth to our second and still shot her best ever classifier of 70%!  

Next problem you'll have to deal with in a shooting family is to determine WHO gets to go to shooting and WHO has to stay at home with the new baby?  Plan ahead.  

I think she gets to go since she has the last victory.

High Lady at PA Tristate!