Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP jumps on the short stroke bandwagon

1 hour ago, TRUBL said:

what is your load (grain)?

are you using the taccom spring?

Tim

I'm using different types of factory ammo, not chrono'd from 16" barrel- aguila 124, blazer 124, Speer 147, federal 124 & 147, Winche ster 115 & 124. Planning on trying some subsonic ammo.

Used the Taccom spring the buffer came with, then tried the Taccom 308 carbine spring (not a good idea, magazine kept falling out), tried the JP 308 rifle spring (had to put the weight back in, shoots better, has slight muzzle rise but settles quickly, but now every screw on the rifle is shaking loose, hah)

I think the 308 springs are probably too heavy so I ordered a normal JP rifle spring, sprinco blue and red to test.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, CaliPCC said:

I'm using different types of factory ammo, not chrono'd from 16" barrel- aguila 124, blazer 124, Speer 147, federal 124 & 147, Winche ster 115 & 124. Planning on trying some subsonic ammo.

Used the Taccom spring the buffer came with, then tried the Taccom 308 carbine spring (not a good idea, magazine kept falling out), tried the JP 308 rifle spring (had to put the weight back in, shoots better, has slight muzzle rise but settles quickly, but now every screw on the rifle is shaking loose, hah)

I think the 308 springs are probably too heavy so I ordered a normal JP rifle spring, sprinco blue and red to test.

Yeah....momma says 308 spring come from the devil.

Try a STD AR15 carbine spring.....especially with the 147's and subs

Our spring sssssshould be fine for 115's and 124's.......but I have used a carbine spring on 124's with great results.

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2019 at 5:06 PM, 45plinkster said:

I agree. I recently upgraded from the gen 2,, to the SS SCS. I'm also running 3 tungsten and 2 stainless. I'm anxious to try 4 tungsten. I know people that are running all tungsten with factory ammo. I've seen where they will possibly get  one bullet that loaded lighter than the factory normal and their gun not cycle. The 3x2 seems to be perfect for 130ish PF. I also bought an all stainless for steel challenge light loads under 100pf the tungsten weights are 40 bucks a piece! Looking back wish I would have bought the SS/tung version for 20 more bucks over the all stainless. The stainless is pretty rough with 134 PF, and it's in a liTE weight PCC VS my GMR13. A lot of people complain about the GMR being heavy but I think that's part of why they shoot so soft. I think the lighter you go the more detrimental it's to the recoil impulse. 

Did you change to a lighter spring? or kept the stock one.

4 hours ago, 45plinkster said:

I am using the stock spring. I put a fresh one in when I upgraded, went ahead and got a new spring as well. If I remember correctly it's the 10-110 (308) what they come with stock. 

I'll used the existing one then since my standard scs is still around 600 rnds. I'll just buy a spare one. Thanks for the reply.