Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deltapoint pro chewing through batteries. Literally.

dansedgli

I've had my DPP for a year or so.

Last month I got it out of the safe after a 3 month break and the dot would go on and off during recoil.

Swapped the batteries out and it was fixed. 

On the weekend it would go on and off during recoil again.

Swapped the batteries out and it was fixed.

The spring under the battery has a bit sticking up out of the centre and this nipple shaped piece seems to be eating away the coating of the battery, leaving a dot in the centre where the shiny coating of the battery is removed. This disconnects the circuit I suppose. 

Is there a way to prevent or slow this down?  Batteries are cheap and easy to replace but it is a bit annoying. 

Same thing happening to me on multiple DPP. Weird thing is it only happens to the ones on open guns. Haven't had the issue on my CO gun. Which you would think is putting more of a beating on the optic. My solution is just to keep changing the battery every match. Love the optic so much I wouldn't let this make me change optics. Though I have been falling in love with the Romeo 1 6moa lately.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have a similar situation on my DPP CO guns, they both wear a small spot in the battery and start blinking off during recoil. Although mine seem to go awhile, maybe a month or so before needing to change the battery to stop playing that annoying game of where's my dot. 

My DPP has just started doing the same thing, after about 12K rounds.  New battery, sometimes would go off between dry fire stages. Checked voltage on battery when I removed it, 3.24v, so battery was good.  Mine has the same dot on the bottom of the battery.  There was a post here last year about the contacts on front that contact the + side needing to be bent in. It seemed to help last night, but will see.  I ordered a b/u DPP just in case, as I suspect I will need to send it in for repair. 

i sent my DPP last month not even related to this issue. still have not got it back.  they told me that they are not sending any out to sell or one in for repair back to the owners. they are trying to solve some kind of issue before they sell them them again.  i asked how long and the guy on the phone said he has no idea. could be days or months. he said just wait for the tracking email .   

So send them back at your own risk 

i wonder if you issues are one of the things needing fixing 

Edited by Sandbagger123