Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag release cz ts

EDWARDTK

Hi all.  New here and new to uspsa.  Bught a cz ts yesterday. Took it to the range for a very short 100 test.  Gun performed well but mags are getting stuck.  Gun is out of the box stock.  bseplates are not hitting magwell.  Mags fall free when slide is off.  As soon as slide is replaced the problems start again. All three factory mags do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

2 hours ago, EDWARDTK said:

Also, if I load a round Into the mag it falls free just fine. Would this indicate a follower issue?

Might just st be the added weight helping it.

Try taking the mag apart and see if just the tube sticks.

The only issue i have ran into with mags getting hung up was when i would i change the angle of the pistol for the reload before hitting the mag release. As long as i don't forget to do that i don't have any issues. 

It may be worth pulling the grips off and testing it. On mine with the factory grips installed one to many turns of the grip scerw and the mags do not drop free. It seams plausible that the mag shifts a bit with the sidle on versus the slide off.

Edited by Tok36

The only time I have had a similar issue is

1. when the mag tube itself was not square

2. after a long dry fire session - oiling the top of the mag tube and then wiping it down fixed the problem

4 hours ago, CharlieD said:

Check the mag catch spring to make sure it’s seated properly.  If it’s off a little bit it can add resistance to the mag.

this right here.  I had the exact same problem.  mags dropped free when I initially got the gun.  Then after awhile half the mags stopped dropping.  Check in front of the mags and see if there is a drag mark where the mag catch spring would be at.  I ended up taking a file to the spring a tiny bit and now they all drop free with no resistance.

If you don't want to file spring you cant loosen the mag catch spring screw and repostition the spring while tightening the screw down.

On 7/30/2018 at 5:50 AM, EDWARDTK said:

Also, if I load a round Into the mag it falls free just fine. Would this indicate a follower issue?

I think that the followers is the problem .

They touch the slide stop (the semi round place that hold open the slide when the pistol is out of rounds).

7 hours ago, manolis said:

I think that the followers is the problem .

They touch the slide stop (the semi round place that hold open the slide when the pistol is out of rounds).

I believe you are right. With the slide stop removed mags fall free. With slide off and slide stop installed you can see where followers are hitting slide stop and shifting mags making them hard to remove. Regardless I sent the gun back to cz 

• 10 months later...

UPDATE::  Sent gun back to cz  turns out slide lock was interfering with mag body causing mag body to cant inside the frame and effectively jamming mag body inside frame.   Fixed and gun runs like a clock.   Thanks for all the help.

🤓

19 hours ago, EDWARDTK said:

UPDATE::  Sent gun back to cz  turns out slide lock was interfering with mag body causing mag body to cant inside the frame and effectively jamming mag body inside frame.   Fixed and gun runs like a clock.   Thanks for all the help.

I hope it didn't take a year to get your pistol fixed, but glad it worked out for you