Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate Optic Mount Options?

Steve133

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else,  but I couldn't seem to find it anywhere.

I have a Tactical Sport with the frame drilled and tapped in the 3-hole Czechmate pattern. I'm thinking of dipping my toes into Open (mostly for 3 gun, so all I need is an optic). Since I've already got the frame that can support it, just picking up a frame-mounted optic mount seems to be cheapest/fastest option - I don't currently have one because the previous owner only used the mounting holes for a *thumb rest [generic]*.

I can find the stock Czechmate mount easily enough, but I don't have a C-More, so it kind of defeats the purpose of taking a fast/cheap option when you have to buy a $300 optic for it. Since I do happen to have a Vortex Venom lying around, something that can accommodate one of those would be nice; a multi-optic option would be ideal.

I know CZC makes one, but they've been out of stock for the few months that I've been watching, so I don't know if/when those are coming back. Does their 5-hole mount also fit the factory Czechmate 3-hole pattern? Or are there other options out there that will, either with a multi-optic pattern, or the Docter/Burris/Vortex pattern?

The 5 hole option would not work for your gun. You will probably either a) wait for the frame mount multi mount to be restocked or b) having a slide mount for use with your Venom. CZC makes a multi mount for the slide, and other manufacturers make them as well for your Venom. Springer is one of those companies, as I have one that fits perfectly in the dovetail of my TS. This way, you will also be able to use the three hole pattern for your thumbrest. 

Edited by abb1

Just buy the czechmate mount then drill and tap holes holes for the venom on it. I know it’ll look like ass with a small red dot on a big mount but it beats waiting for an out of stock item. I was lucky to buy one of those mounts when it was still available.

Heres a pic of the CZ Custom mount and Vortex viper when I tried it on my Czechmate and then installed the Cmore into the TSO to see if it fits. Both fit perfectly and they’re interchangeable.

6_E921516-_A537-4_C9_A-8_C70-3_C3_B5665_

51 minutes ago, old558 said:

Czech Mate CZC Multi Optic Side Scope Mount

Dude, it’s out of stock right now. Besides, that’s what I have mounted on my czechmate in the picture I posted above if you were paying attention instead of posting it in bold.

2 hours ago, George16 said:

Dude, it’s out of stock right now. Besides, that’s what I have mounted on my czechmate in the picture I posted above if you were paying attention instead of posting it in bold.

I don't think he meant to offend, probably copied and pasted from CZC, it's just formatted that way.

• 1 month later...