Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DVC open

paramajic4

So, I considering making the jump into open for both 3-gun and USPSA and I am considering the STI DVC open. As I am not sure what to ask for I would prefer a gun ready to run and not have to have something built custom. Two questions; is this a good gun for the price, and second, what has to be done to have the gun work right for 3-gun shooting minor power factor. I currently shoot CZ's, would a Czechmate be a better option?

I have a DVC open in 9. I like the gun and am happy with my purchase. That said, CZs are great guns- Used to shoot an accushadow in production. If I was already a CZ guy shooting 75s in production or TS in limited I’d probably go with a checkmate. ESP for primarily 9minor. My dvc will run 9minor just fine, but I have replaced the stock spring system with a tungsten FLGR. I think I’ve got a 9-10 lbs spring in it.

Admittedly I have zero experience with a checkmate, but if it’s got the same level of quality and reliability as the accushadow I had, then I’d assume you’ll be getting a great gun that’s very accurate and very reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We have a member who shot a CZ for few years in OPEN - got him to

an A.  He switched over to an STI that he made himself, and that got

him to a M.

Not saying the gun was the difference, he probably would have made

M anyway.  But, he seems to prefer the STI   :) 

I love my DVC Open and do not regret buying it however I am also a big fan of the Checkmate can’t go wrong either way main reason I went DVC have had her luck with my DBC Limited and also shoot STI for 3 gun so made sense to stay same platform 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I went with the STI DVC Open due to the availability of spare parts and the ease of warranty service with STI. Cost was a wash on the two guns. I am very happy with my STI in 9mm major.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP, you can manage to wait/save some money, I highly suggest you spend the $6k for an Atlas Chaos.  If not, I’m a fan of the DVC Open and 2011 platform over the Czechmate.  However with either the DVC Open or Chaos, I’m not sure how to make it run well with 9mm minor.  Good luck with your decision, post pictures when you can!