Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Texas State Limited / Sept. 23-25

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awsome!!

Unfortunately that hurricane might have caused my cancellation. Got my fingers crossed and chanting Mexico.. Mexico. :lol:

Yes, We will all chant the same thing with you and hope it takes a turn way south.

I have family all in the area and some were going to drive up to spectate at the match.

Your welcome all!

one thing if you are on squad 16 (which was added after the Squadd schedule was done in PDF) you start friday at 1:00pm and just follow squad 15 so if you look at the matrix the box right next to squad 15 should have read 16 Does that make any sense? PDF could not be modified the match books will have the matrix on the back page with 16 "penciled" in.

Great............. Get to get the RIFLE stage out of the way first thing...........

Well After Shooting the RO match..

the one thing I can let the shooters know is

that there are 2 stages that require TRIGGER Control

and knowing where your sights are ( other than mounted to the top of your slide)

I will look foward to Seeing all the BE'ers on Stage 9 ...

Shooter Ready.. Beeeeeeep

SuperComp9 aka Jerry Kee

This will be My First Time back to Help Since the Match Left

Graham. I will look foward to meeting all my old Friends and

hopefully making New ones....

Edited by supercomp9

Can't imagine the match is full, sounds like they were maybe 60 shy of capacity a week or so ago.... and that was before all the "Rita" cancellations that may pop up.

In fact, just reading the forums it seems like there will be a significant numbers of Houston, San Antonio, and Austin residents maybe not making the match now..... but I guess if you have to evacuate, Breckenridge is a good a place as any to ride out the weekend :D

Lets hope those hurricane winds and rain peter out or bypass the match, or it could get UGLY. :o Four Wheel Drive anyone? (yes, I did get stuck last year :rolleyes: )

Edited by sfinney

My hometown (Liberty) looks to be right there with the big targets... I'm prayin' the thing turns South soon. I saw what the last flood did to my town.

I'll be in Breckenridge regardless... I'd hope folks would just pack up their stuff and head on up to the match... Fact is, your match room is probably the only hotel/motel you're gonna find in the state at this point.

Artie Told me yesterday that they had approx 20 cancellations becuse of rita. They either had to move or help someone move.

As Jerry said stage 7 and 12 you need sights and a trigger finger. on 7 I only missed /hits the pickets 9 out of twenty-four times and ended up at 73 seconds all A's, another A class RO had the same time saw one shooter shoot 31 rounds at 8 steel... brutal

Edited by scorch

On the Dastardly Picket Fence stage (shooting with the other RO's)...46 seconds with all the points seemed to be a pretty fair time, with 11 spots left on the darn pickets.

46 and 54 were the two fast runs, both "B" shooters. Should be a 25 or 30 in there somewhere.

Front sight...press...(wrong "tink")...press...presspresspresspress...

:P

Alex

The picket fence is dastardly, I give you that. Grrrr. And it doesn't help to shoot the Star bottom plates first, either (ask me how I know). :wacko:

Me during walk through: "shoot the top plate first , shoot the top plate first, shoot the top plate first"

Me during stage: "Shoot the ..... dang, why did I shoot the bottom plates first - wow that sucker really is spinning now, oops" other wise know as the how to blow 10 extra seconds on a stage manuever. ;)

Most shooting should be done today. Can't tell you overall who's winning by Division other than Lim-10 - Mick Nelson looks like he has a lock on Lim-10, with about 7 or 8 stage wins.

Very fun match, no rain, no winds.

Edited by sfinney

WoW watch a match..

Just a small note the match was shot by all in TWO days..

and before I left I happen to see some paper inside the stat shack

can not tell what all I seen but it was rather intresting...

the big talk or 4" picket talk was really gathering the buzz...

times on the pickets stage ran from 30.'s to well lets say 100+

but it showed us a lot of new things to look at..

Sights Sights Sights and squeeze squeeze... the trigger NO slappy..

OK going to see what all unfolds tomorrow...

follow up at lunch time.. give or take travel time...

Jerry K. Stage 9 Ro

SuperComp9

Just rolled into to town, unloaded the gear, and got ReneeT off safely to head back to LA. In Limited, Manny was HOA, Ted Puente was second and Adam Popplewell was third and the TX State Ltd. Champ. Yong Lee was first GM and high law, David Wiers was 2nd GM. Dick Burkhart was 3rd GM and High Senior. Trapper Swonson was HOA Production and Mick Nelson won L-10 overall. At least that's what I remember at the awards ceremony (I could be wrong). I placed 25th overall and Hi lady, with Renee taking second and Doni Spencer (who came down from Canada) taking third.

Stage 7 (the picket fence stage) and the "Holy Cow" standards (at 75 yards) decided the match in a few categories/classes. The rest of the stages were fast, run and gun stages and fun!! I had a blast.

The breckenridge crew and all those that help set up (David Langielle put forth a herculean effort) deserve a huge thank you for doing such a great job. Thanks also to the RO's, STI and all the sponsors, and anyone else who helped make the match so great!

I'm already looking forward to next year! It was BIG fun!

I understand Scott Reese won A Limited, and Sheldon Carruth (GeneralChang) won B Limited. Nice work, gents :)

Congrats, Carina, on high lady :), and Renee on 2nd.

I understand it was a very nice match - I'm looking forward to seeing the results. I had predicted the high hit factors for the stages based on the stage descriptions. I'm interested to see how close I was (my understanding is that Stage 7 was the only one I was really off on - I gave the GMs too much credit on those pickets, apparently ;) )

BTW - anyone going to Coleman in a couple of weeks???

Look for the 2006 Texas limited to be on the last weekend of September...

In a TWO DAY FORMAT!!! Probably 8 stages on Saturday and 4 on Sunday. They'll likely close the match at 175 or so competitors - so get your app in early (they will accept 2005 apps, just markout 2005 and write in 2006).

and one more change... If you RO, you'll shoot the match for free next year (well, free not counting two days being abused by shooters :wacko::D )

Ya'll missed a great match if you weren't there!

From Stage 10, one of the "run'n'gun" stages...

Bill

ps - yes, I will be in Coleman even though those sadistic bastiges took the pickets home for their match.

Edited by bpowe