Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need some super 1050 help

New to me super 1050,  bought off enos i am experiencing a jump like feel and clunking noise/pop when loading, when machine is empty runs smooth as butter. I tore the upper down down cleaned and lubed, reassembled hoping that was the issue but to no avail.  Originally I thought it was in the sizing die, but it's not after testing the same die in my Pro 2000, I get no hang up. I have scoured the forum and found like topics and have tried suggested actions but not the remedy.   I feel like the lower bearings/ pine assembly have some slack and play, but not sure what that fix would be our if that would cause the noise.  I've loaded 38sc and 9mm, any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance

Originally I thought it was sizing station, but it happens on all but the crimp station. Weird thing is if I apply positive pressure down on the ram cam pivot point it seems to quiet it up so I'm lost

It sucks to have this happen on a holiday weekend, as a lot of members aren't around to help, plus Dillon is closed.  If you don't get any helpful responses here by Tuesday, give Dillon a call.  They don't care if you bought the machine new or not and will help you fix the issue.  That's one of many reasons why they are so great. ?

Edited by Tom S.

Is it binding on the up or the down stroke?

What type of powder funnel are you running?

The mrbulletfeeder funnel was terrible in my 1050 and it always stuck in the brass and cause the machine to bind and pop.  I went back to the dillon funnel and all was right.

Binding on the up stroke, not sure how to tel whay powder funnel it is, the machine is setup for 9mm from dillon, i did read to polish the funnel which i did, but i haven't had really any issues with the interaction of the funnel and the brass, I am slightly flaring with the funnel, but the binding/ jump is not coming from there. 

7 hours ago, Tom S. said:

It sucks to have this happen on a holiday weekend, as a lot of members aren't around to help, plus Dillon is closed.  If you don't get any helpful responses here by Tuesday, give Dillon a call.  They don't care if you bought the machine new or not and will help you fix the issue.  That's one of many reasons why they are so great. ?

What do you do when it’s been fixed several times and keeps breaking. My 650 broke again 1st time using it since I just got it back from them. They have good service but when is it enough and they replace cause this is ridiculous. 

6 hours ago, V2plus25 said:

Try lubing up the 2 toolhead alignment pins.  That made mine run a lot smoother and quieter.

Great advice but I did this when I tour it down cleaned and relubed and greased the machine

So I figured out what was causing the jump and I need someone to measure their main spring that Returns the press in the up position I believe it may have a heavier-duty spring I had a primer jam and had to take the Press apart and put it back together without the spring and it functions flawlessly and smoothly with no jump or pop noise so could someone measure their Factory or possibly level 10 spring and let me know what it is my current spring is 10.25 inch long so I'm not sure if that's Factory I feel like machine maybe over sprung.

What do you do when it’s been fixed several times and keeps breaking. My 650 broke again 1st time using it since I just got it back from them. They have good service but when is it enough and they replace cause this is ridiculous. 

Sell it here and buy a Lee?

Not everything in life goes the way we want it to.

3 minutes ago, OdinIII said:

Sell it here and buy a Lee?

Not everything in life goes the way we want it to.

? 2other Dillon’s not one issue but this one is cursed. Also I wouldn’t sell it to anyone with all the problems it has. Once in awhile I guess a lemon comes out and this is one. I love my Dillon’s just frustrating that nothing is working for this one. I hope they will switch it out this time cause fixes aren’t working. 

[emoji23] 2other Dillon’s not one issue but this one is cursed. Also I wouldn’t sell it to anyone with all the problems it has. Once in awhile I guess a lemon comes out and this is one. I love my Dillon’s just frustrating that nothing is working for this one. I hope they will switch it out this time cause fixes aren’t working. 

Maybe they will replace it. You may be better off selling it unless they offer free return shipping this time.

I wouldn’t worry about selling it with a full disclosure, someone will buy it. With it’s history, I’d be like you and want a completely fresh start.

31 minutes ago, OdinIII said:

Maybe they will replace it. You may be better off selling it unless they offer free return shipping this time.

I wouldn’t worry about selling it with a full disclosure, someone will buy it. With it’s history, I’d be like you and want a completely fresh start.

I hoping that’s what they will do giving the history of this press. Gotta wait till tomorrow dammit. ? 

I’m hoping that’s sarcasm

Just a little.

I just bought a Loadmaster and I’m happy so far but I’m sure the Dillon is a higher quality machine. I hope to own one at some point so I can make an educated comparison.

On 5/27/2018 at 3:31 PM, Dirtchevy841 said:

What do you do when it’s been fixed several times and keeps breaking.

Simple: you hijack someone else's thread to complain about it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tom S.

7 hours ago, Tom S. said:

Simple: you hijack someone else's thread to complain about it. :rolleyes:

Or he could do what you do and just sh*t all over everyone who posts on this forum like you do.  

Or we could all follow the rules before I shut the thread down.  How's that for a plan?  You can find the rules here https://forums.brianenos.com/guidelines/

Be sure to pay special attention to this bit:

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.

So, lets stay on topic and save the personal back and forth BS for the playground.