Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sps vista

duffdawg

11 hours ago, mro111lland said:

I have one in 9mm major abought 20k on it still running like a champ only mods iv done are still grip so I could put the big magwel on and upgraded the trigger 

thanks for the info, do you know if the comp is screw on or machined ? i can't find any info on that. i want one in 9mm but they seem very hard to find lol. 

7 hours ago, mro111lland said:

It's a cone type barrel comp and cone are on pice on mine threads on to barrel 

thanks for the reply really thinking of one to replace my glock trying to figure out if i should wait until the season is over and get something more or get this now,

24 minutes ago, Acsr said:

There was a nicely priced trubor in the classifieds, but it may be gone

i was just looking at that gun i think it's still there. still trying to figure out if i should wait until the season is over and get a higher end used gun.  not that i feel my glock is holding me back it's more of a "want" it goes bang everytime 

I thunk its well worth the money he is asking, regardless of off season, then the other one on the classifieds seems like a great deal also, just more money, either way it's a huge jump from a open glock, good luck

I also have an SPS Vista Short.   Prob 10000 rounds thru it.  I did a sti grip and drilled 2 Popple holes in the barrel.   The gun runs flawlessly but there are a few differences than an Sti. Some Sti parts will need some fitting to get them to work.   I was thinking about buying that trubore in the classifieds for a back up gun  but didn’t want to spend the money 

01F760E3-6448-4672-A6D2-756F8D44795A.jpeg

12 hours ago, Bwilmot said:

I also have an SPS Vista Short.   Prob 10000 rounds thru it.  I did a sti grip and drilled 2 Popple holes in the barrel.   The gun runs flawlessly but there are a few differences than an Sti. Some Sti parts will need some fitting to get them to work.   I was thinking about buying that trubore in the classifieds for a back up gun  but didn’t want to spend the money 

That's one clean looking blaster. They seem to be good from what you guys have said. From the videos I've watched them seem to be fitted well

Edited by duffdawg

I just sold one that I had for a season.

That thing just ran and ran.  Some of the machining on the inside was a bit rough, but I worked it out a little at a time.  It never effected how the gun ran at all, just didn't like how it looked when I was cleaning it.  

I would highly recommend it to anyone getting into the division.   Buy this gun, buy a bunch of reloading gear for it, and just shoot it!  If you want something fancy when you decide if you like shooting open, then you will know what kind of things you would want on a custom/simi-custom.

And you don't have to worry about replacing crappy STI parts after 5000 rounds.

:)

2 hours ago, Sporky said:

I just sold one that I had for a season.

That thing just ran and ran.  Some of the machining on the inside was a bit rough, but I worked it out a little at a time.  It never effected how the gun ran at all, just didn't like how it looked when I was cleaning it.  

I would highly recommend it to anyone getting into the division.   Buy this gun, buy a bunch of reloading gear for it, and just shoot it!  If you want something fancy when you decide if you like shooting open, then you will know what kind of things you would want on a custom/simi-custom.

And you don't have to worry about replacing crappy STI parts after 5000 rounds.

:)

I think you guys about got me talked into one. My open glock has about 10k on it atm. Wish i could find one in 9. Thankfully i can shot at home so picking up brass isn't that bad if i switch to 38

2 hours ago, duffdawg said:

Thanks for the tip.after read im thinking a switch to super might not be that bad. i really like the 3 port comp and longer gun

I have no regrets with the sps.  Just takes a little cleaver thinking sometimes when fitting Sti parts.   If I had a chance to buy another at a good price I would in a heartbeat:) here is s pic of the Popple holes I added.   

3E0CE07B-3CD2-40BA-B646-AD676D9D9336.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Bwilmot said:

I have no regrets with the sps.  Just takes a little cleaver thinking sometimes when fitting Sti parts.   If I had a chance to buy another at a good price I would in a heartbeat:) here is s pic of the Popple holes I added.

3E0CE07B-3CD2-40BA-B646-AD676D9D9336.jpeg

i feel like if i went with the short id want to add popples who did yours. also did you need to have the holes redrilled when you switched mounts 

Edited by duffdawg

A local gun smith did my holes. The original mount only has 3 holes. I traded a Beretta silver pidgin for the one I have and it already had 5 holes drilled with a 90deg cmore mount.   Not sure if he had to drill 2 more holes.  But the 3 holes do line up with 1st 3rd and 5th holes.   With 3port comp and 38s you still might have to drill a few holes to get it tuned the way you want.   

• 1 year later...

Thinking about picking one of these up just for giggles. Everyone still happy with theirs? Anyone have any idea what the cone comp threads are? Will they accept a steel grip?

On 7/21/2019 at 5:09 AM, Apolo said:

Thinking about picking one of these up just for giggles. Everyone still happy with theirs? Anyone have any idea what the cone comp threads are? Will they accept a steel grip?

Go go for it !!!!

• 4 months later...
On 5/21/2018 at 7:40 PM, Bwilmot said:

So did the STI grip require any/much fitting to the frame? Also is the barrel a true 5 inch length? Thanks

1 hour ago, hump said:

I put a STI grip on mine with very minor fitting. The barrel is 5 in. 

Thanks. Price of gun, used DVC type grip,magwell of choice,replace internals with EGW hammer and trigger assembly if I like and I have an RTs2. I'm thinking should be good to go at about $2100.00 for new open gun with lifetime warranty. Sounds like a great way to enter Open Division or have a backup to a more custom gun.

8 hours ago, vgdvc said:

Thanks. Price of gun, used DVC type grip,magwell of choice,replace internals with EGW hammer and trigger assembly if I like and I have an RTs2. I'm thinking should be good to go at about $2100.00 for new open gun with lifetime warranty. Sounds like a great way to enter Open Division or have a backup to a more custom gun.

I am still running the factory ignition parts. 2 1/2 lbs and dependable

On 5/21/2018 at 7:40 PM, Bwilmot said:

Nice looking blaster. Its encouraging me  to get one. Would you mind sharing what STI parts you came across that needed additional fitting to work? Also did you try the comp with the additional side holes before adding the barrel popples to see what stand alone difference they made? Thanks