Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Building New Limited Gun

GeorgeInNePa

The poll says it all. I am getting ready to build a new Limited gun based on a 5" S-I frame. Is the sight tracker worth it? The barrel cost alone is a lot.

Will there be many of us re-barreling and modifying our slides in the next year, or will there be a lot of sight tracker uppers for sale?

I'm leaning towards it because I like new things, but I'd like to hear from those who have shot and handled this style of gun. I could use the extra money for bullets, powder, and primers.

Tewlman has one of these, and I have shot it. It is pretty neat, but I cannot see the difference vs. a lightened slide gun. I am not of great skill and ability, but I do learn the timing of a gun pretty quick. It was not so different that I noticed it.

I don't think a lot of people will be cutting slides, nor do I think there will be a lot of uppers for sale. Some will try it, some will like it, just like 6" guns. The pros have used it all at one time or another, and they seem to shoot the same regardless of gun.

If you like it, get one, they are cool, but I voted for spending the money on ammo, and maybe some good practice books.

I like long/wide/heavy Limited guns. I don't like short/light Limited guns. I did not like the SightTracker.

I think if a short-dust cover/stirrup-cut or lightened slide Limited gun floats your boat, go for the SightTracker.

If you want a gun to shoot, go w/ somthing that has all of the standard features. If you want somthing that may or maynot be helpful, go for cool factor.

Extra money is prob better spent on ammo and practice. Cool factor will only take you so far. You have to ask yourself, did i shoot the stage better or did i look good doing it?

I talked to two guys at Area 1 that had matching Sighttrackers. Both were M shooters. They were completely ambivalent about it and didn't think it was any better or worse than a regular setup.

I thought it would really be the ticket, but apparently not.

I've shot um and like um. I'm going to have one built soon. I'll have mind with a long wide DC. The price diffrence is less than $100.00 so there is no big deal. Does it give you some advantage? maybe a little but it does have a high CDI factor.

Chapter 1  Cool shades, Flashy shirt, Hat, Trick blaster (the true secret of USPSA shooting is all looking good) You guys are putting too much into this score stuff.

Next week in Chapter 2 I'll explain the 17 point D hit to you guys!

Dude!

It's Cool Lid, cool shades, grip, stance, trick blaster, and flashy shirt in Chapter 1. You've missed too many Wed morning, after Tuesday night drinking, practice sessions!

Chapter 2 is an explanation of "That is a double" and "I shot at that target, that's not a FTE" Jedi mind tricks.

Chapter 3 is the 17 point D.