Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shooting 8" steel at 100 yds with PCC

16 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Add a third load for the occasional spinner.  I carry a handful of 160 gr Ibejiheads loaded to about 152 PF just for those evil things.

Or you can just do like Max Leograndis and put 6 lighter rounds in them in about .4 seconds.

You know. Just shoot like a GM. Easy. :D 

Edited by MemphisMechanic
  • 1 month later...

I was at a range yesterday with steel at 200 and 300 yards and had time for some testing of two 9mm loads.

From a JP barrel my hand loads (Berrys 124g target hollow point over TAC) made a 6" group at 200 yards and was hitting 300 yards about 50% of the time.

I switched to some white box federal and couldn't hit the target at all - with the same holds the factory ammo was falling at about 150 yards.  We figured out the hold to get on target with elevation, but the splash was about 1-12 feet to either side of the target.  

So ... it appears that 9mm load accuracy varies much more than I've seen for rifle ammo.

I took my JP out to 100 off a rest last weekend.  Did about 3" for 5 shots using an Eotech with 3x magnifier.

Shooting 100Grn projectile at about 1270 made by BullsEye Cartridge Co.

No idea what or how this stacks up, but sounds to be a bit??? tighter than what others are getting.  

My granddaughter who is fairly inexperienced shot a 8" plate rack at about 100 yards in a UML 3-gun match when she was just shooting PCC off a sawhorse rest. Taccom ULW upper with a Vortex Venom 6moa red dot. 115gr plated Everglades bullets with 3.2grs of Titegroup.

Held at the top of the plate. Biggest thing was turning the dot way down. 6MOA pretty much covered the plates. Took her several shots extra to clear it, but really had no problem. I think she hit 3 plates in a row. Amazed a 5" barrel will shoot that good. 

I have checked both of our PCC's at 100 yards and it is about 8" grouping, but pretty consistent. Never tried with a magnified scope, probably could bring it down.

gerritm