Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help identifying a firing pin

I found a firing pin in my spare parts kit today and would like help identifying it, it is for a S&W Revolver with the new style frame mounted firing pin, this sample is .499 long has a rounder striking face than an Apex and has a ring around the hammer end. I installed this one today in a 617 and was able to lower the double action pull by about 1/2 pound with much more reliable ignition. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

unknown Firing pin.jpg

Interesting, the original Cylinder and slide firing pins were .510 and did not have the ring on them. Thanks for the info. I have been using APEX and was surprised when this firing pin worked better in the 617 no I am on s quest for something better. Has anyone tried the TKs?

2 hours ago, mchapman said:

lol - that's a pic I took of the firing pins I was testing on my 929 a couple years ago.  The one on the right is from Cylinder & Slide, the one on the left is the stock S& Performance Center one.

The one on the left is Apex the right is Cylinder and slide 

firing pins.JPG

On 5/3/2018 at 8:36 PM, 357454 said:

Has anyone tried the TKs?

I am using TK firing pin with their speed hammer and Wilson mainspring - working great so far. Unfortunately can only compare to stock (no experience with C&S or Apex).