Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sources for Chamber Reamers

I'm looking for sources to check out for 9x19 chamber reamers.  I've been using Manson's stuff exclusively so far, but looking to get something a little more on the larger side of chamber tolerances.  Anybody have experience with different vendors and what they provide?

I'm looking to get chamber dimensions more inline with my 9x19 SVI Ulti-match barrel which I have found eats ammo without prejudice whereas the chambers in my KKM's that have been cut with a reamer are a little tighter.

9x19Chamber.JPG

11 hours ago, mike cyrwus said:

PTG, clymer

6 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Cylmers have always been great for me

Would you be able to take some dimensions for me?  I'll do the same with a Manson.  Diameter at the end which would be the bottom of the chamber and diameter let's say 0.750" back from the end.  I assume we're talking finish reamers.

5 hours ago, Broncman said:

I have a clymer if you want to borrow it. Will put it in my range bag, I will be at the Spartanburg match Saturday. 

I will get some measurements for you as well.

I won't be at Sburg Saturday.  Some general measurements will help me get an idea on what to explore.  Clymer does mention on their site that reamers are made SAAMI minimum plus 0.0005".  If that's the case, this isn't the off-the-shelf reamer I'm looking for.

Looks like I'm either going to get a custom reamer made or chamber the thing in the lathe.

I will get you some measurements this evening. I do like the lead area on the Clymer. I was able to load the 124 BB's very long without having to use a throating reamer. I did chamber to the deeper depth of the saami head space specs as well.

On 5/2/2018 at 10:23 AM, theWacoKid said:

Would you be able to take some dimensions for me?  I'll do the same with a Manson.  Diameter at the end which would be the bottom of the chamber and diameter let's say 0.750" back from the end.  I assume we're talking finish reamers.

.380 at bottom (case mouth) and .395 at .750 from there.

Manson is about .380" and .394". From what I can tell everyone seems to make their reamers at the minimum chamber diameters plus a touch, which generally would make sense. 

I may try and have one made at max minus a touch. 

• 1 month later...