Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First match with a high end gun - Good or Bad ?

shevy1284

Buy the best gun you can afford and shoot the hell out of it.  You will improve with time, and equipment won’t be the limiting factor. 

Screw anyone one who thinks less of you for having the means to buy a great gun.  Be humble, strive to improve your shooting, and have fun.  It shouldn’t matter if you are shooting a $500 glock or an $8000 Infinity....our sport is shooting, and it’s the skill that is important.  

Aside from people who are jealous, I can’t see why anyone would care what gun you shoot.  

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, old558 said:

Just be safe most will not care what you bring.

I've only shot a few matches, but this has been my observation as well.  Be safe, help out with taping, etc and no one will notice what you're shooting.

I have  the same concern about going to my first USPSA and 3 Gun matches. All these responses are what I had hoped for. I'm sure I'll still look like a newb out there either way though. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am an average at best shooter that likes really nice guns I tend to shoot very high end guns for everything not to show off but I enjoy shooting a high end purpose built Gun and I shoot for fun and personal enjoyment so what others think never crosses my mind shoot what you like and have fun