Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Vennom for PCC

I have 3 PCCs with them.  I have 4 pistols with them.  I have 2 AR15s with them.  I have other sights, tube, prism, red dot, scope, etc.  They are my first choice.  Good dot, good glass, very fast acquisition, best warranty of anyone.  I have sold many for Vortex after friends try mine.

So, is that love enough? :P

I just put one on mine with the Vortex co witness QD mount.   I can run a scope (1 x 4) , the dot or irons.  The dot co witnesses with the scope so zero can be checked easily or longer shots taken using the scope.   Scope is on a QD so it comes off easily and maintains zero.    I like the setup and I like the Venom.

Have one on my Hi Cap 1911 9mm too.

I can only speak for myself - for me the window is too small.  I see more and more people using them, but when shooting in other than ideal shooting positions, that window can be very difficult to find the dot in if you have not practiced it specifically to perfection.  Hard leans, prone, confined areas, bent into a pretzel, all create difficulty for any red dot, but the small ones like a venom are more so.  For me anyway.  The only advantage I see to them at all is being lighter, which I also think is highly overrated for this platform. 

Edited by Hammer002
On 4/20/2018 at 6:16 AM, lgh said:

So what do you use?

MRO. Previously an Aimpoint.  Have a friend w an aluminum CMORE, that’s nice too.  Also like a 2 MOA on the PCC.  Nice for a little distance, even it it’s 10 yards or so weaving between no shoots or pretty much anything precision.

Why is there so little love for the Votex Vennom when it comes to sights on a PCC?  I see some mention of some similar sights but not much on them.  

Thanks,

Looked at Venom. Decided on Viper for my PCC. Still deciding on CO. Viper has bigger glass. Really like the 6 MOA dot. Both are nearly the same size. Surprisingly Viper is a little narrower. Venom has better battery accessibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk