Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who shoots limited/standard minor with CZ Czechmate?

Ludde

Is there anyone here that shoots limited/standard minor with a CZ Czechmate?

How would you rate it compared to a regular TS or TS orange in 9mm minor?

How does it balance/transition, what's the recoil like etc.

Does anyone have a fiber optic front sight for the Checkmate sight block?

Thinking of getting a CZ TS style gun for IPSC standard and thinking that I might get a 2 for 1 deal if I  would get a Czechmate.

(perhaps sometimes in the future try open...)

I do want to focus the discussion on the difference in parts (grips, magwell etc).

I already have a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow and is quite familiar with that in IPSC production.

Edited by Ludde

I’ve trained with my CM in Standard Minor mode when I wanted to get bulk practice in but didn’t want to beat myself up shooting Major (TSO in .357 Sig).

I did run 158PF ammo threw it so it still had some recoil to deal with.

It ran great and was a good, cheap way to train (I had heaps of the almost-major 9mm loaded already).

You need the P09 fibre front sight for the CM sight block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

Sorry for this late reply. My early model Czechmate is set up for IPCS Standard Division. To get it in the measuring box I trimmed the rear sight and selected a lower profile P07 fiber optic sight, which is Loctited into the barrel nut. My holster of choice is a Double Alpha Academy Alpha-X, using the SP01 insert, filed to fit the Tactical Sports and Czechmate trigger guards. I use fat Lok Grips to all of my CZ raceguns because of my big hands, so I won't discuss CZ's wood or thin aluminum grips due to lack of experience with them.

Compared to the TS Orange in 9mm, the rear sight of the Czechmate has a narrower aperture and I prefer shooting this way as it means I'm spending less time judging the distance between blade and notch. Personally I'm a lefty so I don't use the left thumbrest plumbing or enlarged left safety. They may or may not be deal breakers for righty shooters.

Compared the the Tactical Sports and TS Orange, the Czechmate is slightly lighter than both in the snout department. This isn't really an issue. A bonus is that the front sight is essentially a sight tracker type as it doesn't have to reciprocate with the (lighter) slide, being stuck to the barrel.

All in all, the Czechmate and my 9mm TSO are fairly interchangeable for use in Standard Minor Division (save the holster insert). I shoot the Czechmate the most.

I tried shooting a TS40 using factory 180 grain ammo, but it was never reliable enough to give me peace of mind so I only shoot niner.