Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shielded Thumb Safety on Limited Gun

Fo0

Yes. I have Double Tap shielded safeties on both of my Limited guns.  I like the shape and feel very much. 

The PT is another option that many like but I pulled it off my Open gun and went with the Double Tap again.  The angle of the PT did not work for my hand

I’ve used both the Double Tap and the PT. They’re both good, it just depends on what you’re looking for. The Double Tap is smaller and not as wide a paddle. Dropped right in for me with only having to fit the sear-stop stud to my ignition parts. The PT has huge paddles and will most likely need to be filed/ground/etc to the width you desire. No big deal, just a heads up.

I prefer the PT because I’ve got big hands and thumbs. I needed more clearance and the PT gives it to me. YMMV

Cheers623

Edited by cheers623
Grammar

I have the Double Tap Shielded Ambi's on both my limited guns and am very pleased with them, had issues with my thumb interfering with the slide which was corrected with the DT shielded safety. 

1 hour ago, 36873687 said:

Was the Swenson drop in ready an fitted

the Swenson  that i installed in my 2011 i received from somebody that tried to fit it on his 2011 and ruined  the safety.:o

it's very rough made and u need to fit it carefully .