Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accuracy and comps.

5pins

I’m having issues with my Glock 17 with a KKM barrel and SJC comp. At 15 yards I would often get the first round 6 to 8 inches below the “group” if you want to call it that. The Group would be large, 4+inches, and inconsistent in on where it hit, changing from one range session to the other. As a last resort I pulled the comp off and the gun shoots nice tight groups. The comp was not touching the slide, I made sure of that.

Any ideas?  

Sure sounds like a baffle strike on the internal baffles.    I’ve installed several comps on Glocks and never had an accuracy problem.   It’s wont take much of a hit to put the bullet off that far.  So the mark will prob be very very small.    I would call sjc and get them to replace it with another 

How did you attach the comp?   If the threads on the barrel and comp are not closely matched the comp can go one more than one way.  If you are using Blue or Purple Loctite so you can remove your comp for cleaning, that is another potential problem.  Blue Loctite will only hold up for about 200 rounds.  Then it loosens and the comp rattles, throwing off accuracy.