Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seattle area shooting. IDPA or USPSA

At the moment where I live really only had IDPA matches. In the next few years the wife and I will be moving to the Seattle area (most likely north of the city). 

Ive done some googling and seems like I haven’t seen much idpa around the area only uspsa and multigun. I’m ok with this since I think I would enjoy USPSA more and would like to try multigun. 

Anyone know the area and know which sport is preferred? 

If my findings are right I might start working towards a USPSA setup and start practicing on my own. 

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a link to some USPSA info for the area (I live just north of Seattle) http://northwestsection.org/

I don't shoot IDPA anymore (been about 5 years) but do a FB search for Rick Breneman in the Seattle area, he may be able to give you some advice. I know there are IDPA matches, just don't participate in them anymore (too many USPSA matches to do both)

In the general Seattle area there are monthly IDPA matches at Renton Fish and Game Club and at Paul Bunyan Sportsman's Club.

Both clubs also host monthly USPSA matches.

Also fairly close by are Marysville Rifle Club (USPSA) and Custer Sportsman (USPSA).

I believe that there is a club in Port Townsend which also supports monthly USPSA and IDPA matches.

I recall there being at least one IDPA club on Whidbey Island as well.

On 4/21/2018 at 8:07 PM, ddc said:

In the general Seattle area there are monthly IDPA matches at Renton Fish and Game Club and at Paul Bunyan Sportsman's Club.

Both clubs also host monthly USPSA matches.

Also fairly close by are Marysville Rifle Club (USPSA) and Custer Sportsman (USPSA).

I believe that there is a club in Port Townsend which also supports monthly USPSA and IDPA matches.

I recall there being at least one IDPA club on Whidbey Island as well.

Yes, the North Whidbey club shoots both IDPA and ASI (a simpler version) matches. There are tons of matches north and east of the Seattle area, you will have trouble finding an open weekend between IDPA, USPSA, 3 Gun, Steel, Falling Plates, etc. Jeff Snopes set up a great resource for us in this area, check it out.  https://findshootingmatches.com/