Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 4 G34 Beginner Load

GunBugBit

9 hours ago, Steelslinger86 said:

Glock 34 gen 4

147grain Coated flat nose

3.3 grains of vvN320 

1.14 oal 

this  was  my idpa  load  for  quite some years,rabbit fart alike.

for  the uspsa  game, i'm doin  3.8 of vv320 under  a  zero 147 JHP  at coal 1.130.very  low recoil  and  pretty accurate out  either my 34  and 17.

• 2 weeks later...

The 9mm load I am trying (shot about 180 rounds of it so far, all 100% function) is:

147gr Bayou coated flat points

3.0gr Titegroup

1.135 OAL

I have not had a chance to chrono the load due to massive fire restrictions in my part of AZ -- I use BLM land to chrono loads -- but it feels fine.  I've shot it at a public outdoor range out of my Gen 3 G22 with a KKM 40-to-9 conversion barrel, with a 13lb recoil spring.  I can probably chrono the load in one of my shooting club's bays before a practice match, will just have to show up early one Thursday.  Or I'll just wait until we get some rain and the fire restrictions get lifted.

My friend will likely start with the same recipe for his Gen 4 G34.  He was long-term-loaned a Dillon 550 with several tool heads and dies, including for 9mm.  Lucky him!  He hasn't set it all up yet, nor even purchased powder/primers/bullets, but I'll help him when he's ready.  He's still shooting factory ammo, has only shot 4 matches so far.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Gen 3 G17 w/Jarvis barrel, Gen 3 G34 w/BarSto barrel

(same load for over 12 years, chrono'ed at multiple Level 2 and above matches, so tried and true out of my guns)

125 gr Zero (.356) FMJ

4.2 gr VV N320

1.100 OAL

WSP

133 pf - G17 at 1064 fps

134.75 pf - G34 at 1078 fps

Forgot to add that I use a 14 lb Wolff recoil spring and a 4 lb Wolff striker spring in both the G17 and G34, with a Wolff steel guide rod in the G17 and a Jager heavy extended steel guide rod in the G34. No reliability issues with the combination in either gun.