Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.355 vs .356 vs .357 coated bullets

3djedi

I use .358 Bayou bullets.

Why- more accuracy, less smoke , no leading.

No hot gases blowing by the bullets due to the proper seal between bullets and barrel.

As above get sample packs and try them

Edited by jcc7x7

4 hours ago, OPENB said:

How often do you have to clean the comp? Is build up the only down side? I used to shoot with a guy that used bare lead in his Para open gun.

I run blue bullets, and the build up is about the same as FMJ, I clean my gun every 1000 rounds or so, and it takes a couple of minutes to scrape it out

when I started the hot bullet was the cp 140 swcl, I’d scrape out so much lead that you could make a bullet with it

back to the OP, it usually recommended to go up 1 thousands over jacketed, so a .355 bore, you would want a .356 bullet

7 hours ago, OPENB said:

How often do you have to clean the comp? Is build up the only down side? I used to shoot with a guy that used bare lead in his Para open gun.

Slush the comp with Kroil the night before practice range trip and shoot 10 Jacketed loads and anything that is there blows out.

I do that about every 1500 rounds or when I remember to do it. (Yes you have to clean the scope when your done LOL)

2 hours ago, rishii said:

back to the OP, it usually recommended to go up 1 thousands over jacketed, so a .355 bore, you would want a .356 bullet

Schumann used to put a little instruction booklet in his barrels and said the above .001 over for Jacketed and .002 for lead (coated or plain)

I found the .358 were the most accurate and least amount of debris in the comp.