Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Highest 9mm Mag Capacity Recipe

MedicAJ

So, it's been awhile since I've seen this posted, so instead of resuscitating a dead post, I figured I'd start a new one.

What's the best recipe you have for maximizing capacity in 9mm 140mm 2011 mags?  So far this year I've been running STI Gen 2 tubes with TTI plates, followers, and springs and have been getting 23 rounds and they have been 100% reliable.  Anybody getting 24?

Andy

3 minutes ago, dogtired said:

I think that is a unicorn.  Are you at 23.5 rounds?  If so, ChaLee recommended base sizing 40 brass to get an added round.  Perhaps that would help with 9mm too.

nah. no unicorn here. all 5 of mine are 24 reloadable and my big sticks are 29 svi, tti, grams

1 hour ago, tcazes said:

nah. no unicorn here. all 5 of mine are 24 reloadable and my big sticks are 29 svi, tti, grams

I think he is talking about 140 legal mags. I don't think 7mm base pads will fit the gauge.

1 hour ago, z40acp said:

I think he is talking about 140 legal mags. I don't think 7mm base pads will fit the gauge.

we talking open division? or is he shooting limited minor? if talking open then yes 7mm very much is legal

Edited by tcazes

11 minutes ago, Sprig said:

All 6 of my 9mm MBX mags with their follower , their base pad and TTI springs are 24 reloadable , all the time and run 100%. I thought this was normal ?

i did too lol

1 hour ago, Sprig said:

All 6 of my 9mm MBX mags with their follower , their base pad and TTI springs are 24 reloadable , all the time and run 100%. I thought this was normal ?

I only have one MBX mag, and as it came from the factory, I can only get 23. I'll swap the spring to a TTI and see. Thanks!

Andy

1 hour ago, Sprig said:

I wish.  What Gen of MBX mags do you have?

I have some of Gen1 for sure, and I believe a couple to be Gen2.  All hold 23 and are reloadable, but I don't get any with 24.  I have 10 MBX mags total........all are using the stock MBX guts.......

15 minutes ago, MedicAJ said:

I only have one MBX mag, and as it came from the factory, I can only get 23. I'll swap the spring to a TTI and see. Thanks!

Andy

go with grams guts

With new springs, mine were 23 till they broke in then 24 no problem .

I don't know what gen but are not new . Here is 1 of them , with 24 loaded .

20180320_192707.thumb.jpg.62f8d2622b26ad0588b6c7177820ee4e.jpg

20180320_192609.jpg.8fdbc990a288668a5687642ace12ea61.jpg

20180320_192556.thumb.jpg.f27f5000b4fdba2134b443eecd0e362b.jpg

Huh, just checked and mine do hold 24 and can be reloaded. Hadn't checked since long ago, and I even think it was with a gun I don't have anymore. Glad you mentioned it. Guess the springs broke in, and I'm still using the MBX springs in them.

Ooops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk