Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

For a 320: Which "trigger smoothing" tweaks give the best return on effort?

ddc

Still brand new to the platform. I've detail stripped the FCU and put it back together again.

I'll be doing that again if GG ever gets their PELT2 kit back on the market.

When I get to that point I'd like to take the opportunity to do a bit of polishing. What would be the areas I should concentrate on?

The more detail you could provide it would be appreciated! Thanks!

One of the best things I did was fit the sear. For polishing, take your fcu out and pull the trigger and watch for any contact points and polish. I polished some on top of trigger, trigger bar, on the fcu itself, on the sear. It's been a while since I've done any of that, so I'd have to pull it back apart to give you anything more specific

2 hours ago, DKnoch said:

One of the best things I did was fit the sear. For polishing, take your fcu out and pull the trigger and watch for any contact points and polish. I polished some on top of trigger, trigger bar, on the fcu itself, on the sear. It's been a while since I've done any of that, so I'd have to pull it back apart to give you anything more specific

This plus you can also bend the trigger bar spring to about 60 degrees.

The pelt2is in stock btw. Just not the full competition kit with sear. Ordered mine saturday I believe and its supposed to be here this friday. They said they plan to release parts to upgrade from the basic trigger kit to upgrade to the full comp setup in the future so I figured I might aswell go ahead and make some improvements since theyve said the comp kit is gonna be in stock “this coming week” for the last 3 weeks. 

Edited by Daemunx1

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Resjudicata said:

Yes. Not hard at all. Look at the Youtube videos of Alma Cole for instructions on taking apart the trigger pack and putting it all back together.

ohhh, that great, thanks!