Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfields Trophy Match 40 S&w

Mousekiller

is this pistol available on the market yet ? and if so what's the skinny on it?. I figure the price will be comparable to the STI's or maybe just a little cheaper..

Just curious, looking to change weapons and this is a thought...

Thanks for any information.

Mouse.

is this pistol available on the market yet ?  and if so what's the skinny on it?.  I figure the price will be comparable to the STI's or maybe just a little cheaper..

Just curious, looking to change weapons and this is a thought...

Thanks for any information.

Mouse.

I asked Deb in the Custom Shop about the gun several weeks back and I got the impression that they were going to be the ones making it. If that is the case I would suspect the MSRP to be in the $2500 area.

I was hoping that they would see fit to keep the price down below those kind of figures, sort of thought it would come in somewhere around the Edge type prices actually..

I maybe all wet.. but one can hold out hope that not everyone want $2500 for a pistol.. and i think if i was going to spend that it would be on a more established product from a reputable smith.. not that they are not reputable but a new model for that kind of $$ would scare me a bit.. kinks and bugs to work out, now if they would consider letting me use one so i could advertise for them ? :)

Jeff..

Here is a copy of the email from the Custom Shop back from April:

Hi Jake,

1. A Custom Shop gun? No

2. Or a high end production gun like the Trophy Match? Top of the line factory pistol, like single stack Trophymatch

3. Is the match grade barrel a Nowlin and is it ramped? The barrel is not a Nowlin. It is a factory match barrel, but it is fully ramped & supported.

4. Is a bull barrel going to be offered? Only as a custom upgrade for $395

5. What will be the suggested retail? The suggested retail for this model has not yet been announced.

6.When will they be available? Late fall per production

7. Any other finished (i.e. stainless, two tone?) Other finishes can be done through the custom shop at additional charges.

Deb

Custom Shop Coordinator

Springfield Custom

420 West Main St.

Geneseo, IL 61254

800-617-6751

customshop@springfield-armory.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 8:42 AM

To: Jakemartens@aol.com

Subject: RE: New TGO Hi Cap?

We are having delivery issues at this time and currently do not have any in stock or will have in the immediate future.... 1st off.

I will forward your email along for the answers on the barrels and such.

Thanks

Debbie Williams

Advertising Assistant

Springfield Armory

420 West Main Street

Geneseo, IL 61254

Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 1:09 PM

To: Deb Williams

production pistol

yes

Ramped Springfield “target” barrel

No plans for a bull barrel

?

?

Armory coat finish only at this time

And this was back from this week:

Not yet. They are telling us sometime later this fall. I would recommend checking back in another 60 days.

Thanks,

Brandy

Customer Service Department

Springfield Incorporated

420 W Main Street

Geneseo, Illinois 61254

800-680-6866

My guess is that they will MSRP around $1500-1600

and will retail for $1200-1300m just like the Trophy Match and the TRP models.

I bet that since TGO just won the Limited Nat's there will be a push to get this out real soon.

I wonder if things have changed at Springfield since your e-mail exchange back in April. While she didn't come out and say it I was left with the impression that it was going to be a custom shop gun. It would be great if it were a production gun.

Rubberneck,

They did say it:

1. A Custom Shop gun? No

and from Dave Williams:

Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 1:09 PM

To: Deb Williams

production pistol

The last email was from this week saying that it was another 60 days out

• 2 months later...

Just got phone with debbie at springfield armory on the new model P19146L in 40 S&W, now will be sometime in the first quarter of next year, hopefully by march, no other confirmed information, price, mags, ect. :(

<_< Think I may just have a 40S&W built, I've got a spare Hi-Cap springfield 45acp, the gun that rich Dettlehouser built looks real nice, and the owner said it's still runn 100% Edited by G+16

Got a new e-mail from deb. at springfield:

At present time, we do not have any projected delivery on the Leatham Legend High Cap Trophymatch> Production has informed our customer service department that this is currently on INDEFINITE delivery and no retail price has been set. We apologize for this inconvenience, but will post information on our web site as it becomes available.

DEB

Custom Shop Coordinator

Springfield Custom

420 West Main St.

Geneseo, Ill. 61254

800-617-6751

:o O.K. I guess if I can'nt find a Springfield slide in a 40 S&W (yea right)

IT'S HELLO S.T.I.

I guess we are luckly that they built the Hi-Cap 45acp