Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 x10 bushing

RickyH

I put the cgw x10 bushing in both my shadow 2 . One the Barrel will come out without a problem the other one the barrel won't come out now. Will it break in after shooting it and the barrel come out? It went in without a problem. 

a few years back I had an STI with a barrell that fit with really tight tolerances.....trying to take it out normally it seemed to stop and not come out but if you gave it just a tad more pull straight back without pulling upwards it came loose and out no problem, your barrell may do the same thing

Edited by race1911

The gun still shoots and Cycles fine.

I shot about 50 rounds through it and then shot a match with it today so about 200 rounds.

Edited by RickyH

Use a file and put a small chamfer on the aft/chamber end of the bushing to aid installation and removal. Focus on the bottom ~90 degree arc as this is where the tight fit occurs during installation and removal. The internal diameter of a bushing along its approximately 1/2 inch length is what provides you the tight lock up, that small relief at the back, lower edge will change your accuracy none at all and your installation ability significantly.

If you want confirmation of this call David at CGW and he will tell you the same thing.

Edited by sergeantbernie

That's what I should have done prior to install but the one did find the second one is not. If it doesn't get any better over time I'm going to have to pull it out and do it again.

Thanks 

I added a relief to mine after installation. Field Strip the pistol, use a small flat file and go in from the front. You can angle it just so and enough to knock that bottom edge off and let your barrel get much closer to dropping in easily.

Absolutely no need to pull the bushing out if you just take your time and go slow.

I have 2, 75 SA pistols.  One in 9 and one in 40.  Both have the tight bushings.  The 9 barrel will go in and out with a bit of finesse.  The 40 will not.  The chamber area is larger in width. 

The way I get it in and out with ease, is to gently squeeze in the extractor with a small vise.  This moves the extractor claw away from interfering with installing or removing the barrel.

Works great if you have a small vise with smooth jaws.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 6:17 AM, RickyH said:

Thanks for the help guys. Took the Shadow 2 with the bushing apart today the barrel did come out without filing on it.

Ya almost has a sweet spot, mine is the same way