Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

open bottom limited/stock 2 holster

Garmil

On 3/2/2018 at 5:00 PM, Garmil said:

Anyone sell an open bottom kydex holster for the limited/stock 2 frame?  I see that the ghost thunder has an open bottom but I am wanting to use a boss hanger.

Paging @Kingman to see if red hill can do one...

I loved the way his Tanfo body fit my Stock 3.

Why do you want an open bottom? Idle curiosity.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

4 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Paging @Kingman to see if red hill can do one...

I loved the way his Tanfo body fit my Stock 3.

Why do you want an open bottom? Idle curiosity.

Good idea I just saw all of his were closed and moved on. 

Going to be running as a normal limited and with a compensated upper with slide mounted optic.

Or I could buy one made to be that way with nice edges.  I understood chopping the bottom off was an option before I made the post but that's not what I'm looking for.

My Safariland GLS (long slide version) is open bottom and works great with my Stock 3. Bonus is that it has retention that you barely notice while drawing and it sells on Amazon for $35.

Really the only downside was not having a straightforward way to mount to my Boss hanger, but that worked out fine using the Safariland plate.

3 hours ago, Garmil said:

Or I could buy one made to be that way with nice edges.  I understood chopping the bottom off was an option before I made the post but that's not what I'm looking for.

If it comes to that, smooth the edges with 120 then 200 then 400 grit sand paper on a wood block to flatten the edge out perfectly straight, round the corners over...

Then take a dremel polishing wheel to it. I often trim or radius the corners on a carry holster somewhere or other, and that leaves it looking slicker than factory. Just FYI.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

12 hours ago, EricF1 said:

My Safariland GLS (long slide version) is open bottom and works great with my Stock 3. Bonus is that it has retention that you barely notice while drawing and it sells on Amazon for $35.

Really the only downside was not having a straightforward way to mount to my Boss hanger, but that worked out fine using the Safariland plate.

Lol love how the forum made your on Amazon a hot link for a some cat scratching tower.

Which model do you have that works ?

On 3/6/2018 at 10:57 AM, Garmil said:

Which model do you have that works ?

Ha yeah yours too. Click the link and buy stuff to support BEnos I guess? 

I got model #578-683-411, but since I'm using the Boss hanger (and throwing away the paddle), any of the 57x (for long slide, standard width) would work. 

54 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Sorry. Not on here often. 

Yep. Order with the threaded barrel option and we open it up. 

We then clean it all up nice. 

Order placed ?

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

RHT holster bodies are my personal favorite, and I have no sponsorship affiliation with him.

They just fit all my guns perfectly and are very stout.

Exactly . I have the double layer holsters and they hold up well.

Edited by johnbu