Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Bushing

cheby

My practice Shadow 2 has over 27K rd through. I decided to install the CGW bushing just because I had it. I removed the old one and it was surprised to see this:

Bushing Shadow 2

It looks very worn out. I also have a very old Shadow with over 70K rd through. I removed the bushing from that old gun as well just to see it. It looked normal and intact. Kinda puzzled by that....

23 minutes ago, HI5-O said:

Was it easy to take out?

Yeah, it was not difficult at all

23 minutes ago, eerw said:

that is probably bottom of the bushing where relieved to allow the barrel to come out.

That is what I am thinking as well. It is bottom of the bushing. I installed the CGW bushing and it takes some efforts to remove the barrel but it is not that bad once I figured the right angle.

Edited by cheby

That is what I am thinking as well. It is bottom of the bushing. I installed the CGW bushing and it takes some efforts to remove the barrel but it is not that bad once I figured the right angle.

Just curious, how did you remove the bushing?

I used the socket method and whacked the Bushing out; when my bushing came out it was deformed because of the removal.

1 hour ago, SouperMan said:

Just curious, how did you remove the bushing?

I used the socket method and whacked the Bushing out; when my bushing came out it was deformed because of the removal.

I did it using the socket method as well. I used it on both gun. The bushing from the old shadow was not deformed at all. I do not think it was damaged by the socket. I had to take out the CGW bushing and re-installed it  because I installed it wrong the first time. It  was absolutely intact

Edited by cheby

5 hours ago, cheby said:

I did it using the socket method as well. I used it on both gun. The bushing from the old shadow was not deformed at all. I do not think it was damaged by the socket. I had to take out the CGW bushing and re-installed it  because I installed it wrong the first time. It  was absolutely intact

not it's not u.

it just sloppy workmanship from the factory.

on all tso from the club it looks the same  bad.

I replaced the stock bushing on my two Shadow 2's and my TSO with the CGW bushing.  I was surprised at how thin the stock bushings looked compared to the CGW bushing.  CGW bushing is extremely well made.

4 hours ago, JGus said:

I replaced the stock bushing on my two Shadow 2's and my TSO with the CGW bushing.  I was surprised at how thin the stock bushings looked compared to the CGW bushing.  CGW bushing is extremely well made.

i wanted to order few of them but they don't sell this outside US.:(