Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What magazine holder do you use for big stick Glock mags?

3 hours ago, BartCarter said:

I use the Ghost 360 pouches.  I put my big stick in my pocket to load at the ready and have 2 20-rounders in the pouches for backup.  I also shoot CO and the Ghost 360 pouches work well for my pistol mags too.  The Ghost 360 pouches have "springs" that can be used to fit mags and I am able to get them set so both types of mags can be used.  I used to have to switch, which was a pain.

Ghost mags are great.  They are durable and versatile and economical.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:44 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

Here is the backside.

Mag Pouch Back.JPG

I'm going to give this a try.  How did you (or did you) recess the hardware inside the holder?  I was thinking of just taping a small piece of 1/4" thick wood to the mag where I want the clip to attach, then molding around it.

6 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I'm going to give this a try.  How did you (or did you) recess the hardware inside the holder?  I was thinking of just taping a small piece of 1/4" thick wood to the mag where I want the clip to attach, then molding around it.

Where the Tec-Loc screws attach, I warmed the area with a heat gun slightly and snugged down the screws.  They recessed slightly and do not touch the magazine itself. Even if they did, I don't think it would matter since the Glock mag is made of plastic.

The  magazine I used for the template was wrapped in a layer or two of painter's tape so that the pouch is not too tight when it cools.

Edited by Flatland Shooter
2 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Where the Tec-Loc screws attach, I warmed the area with a heat gun slightly and snugged down the screws.  They recessed slightly and do not touch the magazine itself. Even if they did, I don't think it would matter since the Glock mag is made of plastic.

Thanks.  Guess I need to check Harbor Freight for a heat gun.  :cheers:

2 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Thanks.  Guess I need to check Harbor Freight for a heat gun.  :cheers:

I went the deluxe route, northern tool.  :)

You might go ahead and make one first.  Heat the Kydex in the oven prior to molding it too the magazine.  I use a few pieces of 1x2 wood to help hold the hot Kydex in place.  Makes for sharper edges.  

Then if you are unhappy with the screws holding the Tec-Loc, try the heat gun.  (Actually any heat source that does not get too hot and can be directed to a small area will work.)

Edited by Flatland Shooter
8 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

I went the deluxe route, northern tool.  :)

I've got one of those, too.  They have one for $20 with a 1-year warranty vs Harbor Frieght's $9 with a 90-day.  The deluxe route sounds like a better gamble.  ^_^