Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO 9mm

Rader1812

3 hours ago, zzt said:

I'd buy a new TS instead.  The TSO is full of relatively worthless upgrades, and isn't suitable for Limited as is.

You can't even buy a TS and replace the crappy parts for $1400, never mind that the TSO starts with a Czechmate frame. 

I'll remember how unsuitable the TSO is in Limited while I'm beating guys with 2011s. LOL.

4 hours ago, zzt said:

I'd buy a new TS instead.  The TSO is full of relatively worthless upgrades, and isn't suitable for Limited as is.

I don't totally disagree with you. But the checkering on the TSO is a definite advantage over the TS, and it would cost hundreds of dollars to replicate on a TS.

8 minutes ago, adamge said:

I don't totally disagree with you. But the checkering on the TSO is a definite advantage over the TS, and it would cost hundreds of dollars to replicate on a TS.

i agree with u.

the grip  and checkering  of tso very good  so new c.m. have same grip from now .

for my opinion only thumb safety and thumb rest  designed for aliens .;) and u can change them if this will not fit u. 

very good gun for limited and good price for almost new gun.

but i suggest u check it  and magazines carefully  because it's  used gun.

9 hours ago, 858 said:

You can't even buy a TS and replace the crappy parts for $1400, never mind that the TSO starts with a Czechmate frame. 

I'll remember how unsuitable the TSO is in Limited while I'm beating guys with 2011s. LOL.

I shot my TS 40 in Limited Major just as it came out of the box, except for the substitution of a full length recoil rod.  Added a fourth mag ans extended base pads and was good to go.  No problems whatsoever.

Now let's look at a TSO.  I've examined several at my club.  You get a supposedly 'tight' slide to frame fit.  You don't.  It is only tight when you first start to put the slide on.  It is looser after that, and looser than the slide to frame fit on my TS after 20,000 rounds.  You get supposedly polished internals.  Looks a lot like my TS internals to me.  You do get a relatively useless thumb rest that forces you to use a full race holster instead of a Kydex.  You get pretty orange base pads that you have to replace anyway to increase capacity.

The TSO grips are better than standard TS grips, the checkering is more grippy and the mag well is prettier.

I did a grip reduction on my TS after I stopped shooting Limited with it.  It made the grip smaller and more comfortable.  Thin grip tape is grippier than the TSO checkering.  I did buy the thin TS grips.  IMO, they are not grippy enough for sweaty hands when it's is 90 out.  They just lay in my used parts bin now, because the LOK thin Boogies grips are the cat's meow.  I have a 'handle' now that is worlds better than the TSO 'handle'.

Although I liked my TS a lot, I drank the cool aid.  I sent it down to CGW for their full treatment.  It was supposed to make a marvelous gun even better.  New sear, comp hammer, springs, firing pin, etc., etc.  Four months and $550 later I got it back.  There was no improvement over the original, except a little bit of trigger creep was removed.  That is how I know that all the TSO hype, and CGW's marketing BS is a load of crap.  I also had a thumb rest added, and later took it off.

OP, you don't say what you will use the TSO for.  If you like the used TSO, buy it.  $1400 seems a lot to pay for a used gun, especially since two at my club bought theirs for slightly under $1500.  If it were me, I'd buy a new TS 9mm ($1100), add LOK thin boggies ($64) and a fourth mag ($47).

1 hour ago, zzt said:

I shot my TS 40 in Limited Major just as it came out of the box, except for the substitution of a full length recoil rod.  Added a fourth mag ans extended base pads and was good to go.  No problems whatsoever.

Now let's look at a TSO.  I've examined several at my club.  You get a supposedly 'tight' slide to frame fit.  You don't.  It is only tight when you first start to put the slide on.  It is looser after that, and looser than the slide to frame fit on my TS after 20,000 rounds.  You get supposedly polished internals.  Looks a lot like my TS internals to me.  You do get a relatively useless thumb rest that forces you to use a full race holster instead of a Kydex.  You get pretty orange base pads that you have to replace anyway to increase capacity.

The TSO grips are better than standard TS grips, the checkering is more grippy and the mag well is prettier.

I did a grip reduction on my TS after I stopped shooting Limited with it.  It made the grip smaller and more comfortable.  Thin grip tape is grippier than the TSO checkering.  I did buy the thin TS grips.  IMO, they are not grippy enough for sweaty hands when it's is 90 out.  They just lay in my used parts bin now, because the LOK thin Boogies grips are the cat's meow.  I have a 'handle' now that is worlds better than the TSO 'handle'.

Although I liked my TS a lot, I drank the cool aid.  I sent it down to CGW for their full treatment.  It was supposed to make a marvelous gun even better.  New sear, comp hammer, springs, firing pin, etc., etc.  Four months and $550 later I got it back.  There was no improvement over the original, except a little bit of trigger creep was removed.  That is how I know that all the TSO hype, and CGW's marketing BS is a load of crap.  I also had a thumb rest added, and later took it off.

OP, you don't say what you will use the TSO for.  If you like the used TSO, buy it.  $1400 seems a lot to pay for a used gun, especially since two at my club bought theirs for slightly under $1500.  If it were me, I'd buy a new TS 9mm ($1100), add LOK thin boggies ($64) and a fourth mag ($47).

You forgot to mention the TS comes with crappy sights, plastic magwell, and wooden grips. You have a Dremel though so I guess there's that.

I would assume the OP isn't shooting limited with a 9mm.

It would be a great buy for you. For the one  who said that he "examined" one, it is different than shooting one. Also, I have not heard of a "loose" fitment at all. Don't know if he got a hold of a bad one. I have heard owners of high dollar STIs  that have examined and shot the TSO compliment the tight fitment.

2 hours ago, 858 said:

You forgot to mention the TS comes with crappy sights, plastic magwell, and wooden grips. You have a Dremel though so I guess there's that.

I would assume the OP isn't shooting limited with a 9mm.

I happen to like the TS sights, although I did eventually go with a Dawson FO front.  Magwell?  Plastic, steel, no big deal either way.  I did mention (and recommend) the LOK boggies in lieu of the TS wooden or TSO grips.

I wouldn't assume anything.  I know lots of people who shoot Limited Minor.  We have lots of shooters shooting Open Minor (some are changing to CO), so you never can tell.

B, I did shoot one.  It feels, works and shoots just like a TS, except for the grip.

As far as fitment went, I checked out and shot several TS and IPSC guns at the club before I decided to buy one.  They were all tight.  My TS came tighter than both of the TSOs I checked out.  It came from CZC and took 500 rounds before it loosened up enough to rack more easily.  I've never seen or shot a TS that had a sloppy slide to frame fit.

All you TSO lovers are just buying the marketing hype, or the prettier looks.  Other than the checkering, there is not an iota worth of functional difference between the two.

Edited by zzt

2 hours ago, BLUEPSTU said:

It would be a great buy for you. For the one  who said that he "examined" one, it is different than shooting one. Also, I have not heard of a "loose" fitment at all. Don't know if he got a hold of a bad one. I have heard owners of high dollar STIs  that have examined and shot the TSO compliment the tight fitment.

i checked all tso from ours shooting club. most of them have good fit .few of them loosed  this fit after 10k  and few developed vertical play around 0.5mm 

one of them was replaced by distributor with more than 1 mm. vertical play and more big problems. and few need to change b. bushing.

the only few ts that was imported  by distributor  in past  to us didn't have good fit. 

workmanship on all  tso from the club is not comparable  with sti  ;)  its like skoda favorit  vs. lexus

i didn't find any problems from ts owners but from tso owners a lot .

ts is very good gun but tso more comfortable  for more people than ts .    

Edited by yigal

2 hours ago, zzt said:

Other than the checkering, there is not an iota worth of functional difference between the two.

Right, other than the grip reduction and checkering that would cost $500 (if you could even get it done to a TS, which you can't) there is no difference. LOL.

Just admit you're cheap and the price hurts your feelings.

Love the feedbacks.

Update: I appreciate everyone's opinion on the matter however I didn't feel necessary to disclose what I want a TSO 9mm for because that doesn't matter to my original post which was the price.

I did end up picking it up, looks brand new without a scratch, even on the mag well. I have had the original TS with grip reduction and the TSO fits my hands perfect. Even the mag release.

This firearm could have passed as NIB.

So far I'm happy with my decision.

Is a TSO just a prettier TS. In my opinion it's like a DVC vs Edge.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, zzt said:

Sorry to hear things didn't go as planned for you when you had all that done to your gun bud. 

I agree the factory thumbrest sucks , replaced mine with an aftermarket and added the CZC extra wide safety and have been loving my gun since

1 hour ago, Hi_Im_Vinh said:

Sorry to hear things didn't go as planned for you when you had all that done to your gun bud. 

I agree the factory thumbrest sucks , replaced mine with an aftermarket and added the CZC extra wide safety and have been loving my gun since

i replace the factory thumb rest on few tso. to custom build t.r.  factory designed for aliens?;)

and left side safety too. to extended safety.  (checks  have different hands and  fingers):o

on rear sight i installed 1mm  green fibre optic .(we shoot most competitions in poor light condition) 

and   removed  burrs from slide  . probably in cz they think that this is the  wright way to deliver "custom" gun.

i can bring  by myself  regular ts  to  tso condition  and better .but it's need a lot work and time and money  ,so i prefer pay for tso and start with much better base metal.

Edited by yigal