Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting While On Vacation

outerlimits

the wife will love this...while spending serious $$ in maui, one can drag the gun (not mags) over here and shoot a match. just shot one yesterday on the island-small club called valley isle sport shooters club. small range, one bay, but they set up 4 stages pretty fast. they are used to 10 round friendly stuff. friendliest group of guyz you'd ever meet-they warned me in advance not to bring hi-caps, but they offered low-caps for use. did i mention the match fee? how about $5!!!!

strongly suggest the next time u hit maui, to drag along the gun (not the mags) and see these guys. much cheaper and alot more fun than chasing a golf ball at kapalua! email contact for the club is off the uspsa site.

I went to Maui last fall and plan on going this fall.

I remember seeing a sign for a range on the highway between La Haina and Kihue. Was that the range?

Did you eat at Da Kitchen also? My g/f and I still talk about their chinese chicken salad.

I guess I can go shooting while the g/f goes to the spa at the Grand Wailea.

The last time I was there a protest was going on at a development south of Lahiana and had north bound traffic backed up. We were coming back from a dive out of Kihei and while we were sitting in traffic I though I heard shooting! That explains it! Mahalo for the tip.

Chuck

Outerlimits,

Was Kenneth Kimitsuka and/or Ian Onaga there?

Kenneth shoots Limited, and Ian shoots Open.

I shot the 2004 USPSA nats with those two, Really nice guys and good shooters too !!!!

Glad you got to shoot, hope you got to meet Ian and Kenneth !!!

Hopalong

Butch,

glad you could stop by, next time I'll try to find mags that work:blink:. I hope your wife didn't break the bank at the ocean center while you were shooting :lol:

and just to let the rest of enoverse know, outerlimits is a great shooter and a total class act.

hopalong

your right, those guys are great, but wrong island, they along with badkarma shoot on Oahu and belong to the mid pacific pistol league. Ian and badkarma were the old timers when I started in 84, and taught me that simply spraying bullets an't gonna work.

Glad you had a good time shooting with us :)

Everyone here is welcome to shoot when you come and visit the islands B)

I'll be heading to Barry for a vacation :blink: to shoot the Nationals. One week of shooting... don't know if I made a mistake but at least I am kinda use to the heat and humidity :P

Aloha y'all,

Barry A.